Annoying things on trains

1) People who rarely travel and go to bits when using a train. It seems letters and numbers confuse folk when finding their seat

2) The carnage when the reservations are turned off and tools try and find “their seat”

3) Strange people. A tell tale sign of someone to avoid at all cost is someone traveling with a ‘bag for life’ full of non food stuff.

4) Wankers traveling with animals (blind excluded of course)

Cannot believe no one has mentioned how you have to learn how each f***ing toilet flushes, if it flushes. Long press, short press, press it as quick as you can.

Some grand central you have to put the seat down to push the button. Presume thats on purpose but its shite design.

36 benk. Leaving Sunlun now. Get into London before lunch.

I'm mean early man, between 5.30 - 7am

I normally go from Durham and could get a ticket for between 55-80 odds. Now it just says unavailable and minimum 160 quid (you can normally get 1st class for 170).

Last edited:
The lack of luggage space, in part because the owerhead racks can barely hold much more than a briefcase.

GC is terrible for that

not locking the toilet doors properly...particularly on a virgin/cross country train, the slow opening and then closing of the same doors is like a very slow death

Hate those automatic button doors

Why would someone minding their own business working on a laptop bother or annoy anyone?

Because it awkward asking them to move it to get to the toilet every 20 minutes

Last edited:
not locking the toilet doors properly...particularly on a virgin/cross country train, the slow opening and then closing of the same doors is like a very slow death

I was travelling on XC about 2 years ago and went to use the facilities. No 'engaged' light so I press the button only to have a bloke mid-pap slowly revealed to me. I pressed the 'close' button as soon as I realised but this only stalled the door. I didn't hang around to try and rectify the situation. His fault like, it's not like there aren't audio announcements.

I was travelling on XC about 2 years ago and went to use the facilities. No 'engaged' light so I press the button only to have a bloke mid-pap slowly revealed to me. I pressed the 'close' button as soon as I realised but this only stalled the door. I didn't hang around to try and rectify the situation. His fault like, it's not like there aren't audio announcements.

I’ve done this, I just said sorry and walked away

No reason at all, it just boils my piss. I on the other hand wait for the more socially acceptable time of when the train has gone fully passed the platform.
Logon or register to see this image

I tried to post this yesterday but fucked it up. Is this what you were on about earlier in the thread? Carriage availability at the bottom. It's a feature at most stations (except Sunlun, obvs).

Anyone who doesn’t just get on at the right door of the right carriage quickly, put their shit away and sit down out of the aisle. Ideally nowhere near me.

Reservation system always seems to fill a carriage up, so you are crushed in your reserved seat and there’s 3 empty carriages on the train

Wish it showed you which trains are the emptiest when you booked

Essentially it's based on demand and maximising revenue whilst using space capacity so at the time of booking any train with cheaper fares us likely to have spare capacity based on forecasting based on previous data.

In the old GNER days the booking system would allocate certain carriages for groups (c in standard and l in first iirc) the rest wasn't random exactly but as people have the choice of seats the tables would go first then forward facing etc

Paying for a seat and having to stand the whole journey as overcrowded. Should bring in standing tickets imo at cheaper fair

Back