Annoying things on trains

Discussion in 'SMB' started by forzamilansafc, Feb 11, 2019.

1. MackemBob

MackemBob Winger

Depends on what time of the night.

2. Nicky Winterwasp

Nicky Winterwasp Midfield

Nee water in the bogs after you've put soap in your hands. Similarly the shit little hand dryer not working and no paper towels left.

3. Iballistic George

Iballistic George Central Defender

We have station posters everywhere up here which tells you which trains are likely to be full and which ones are quiet. The simple answer is if your coach is rammed and others are empty then simply move to a quieter one it's not difficult sherlock

4. kewps

kewps Goalkeeper

People repeatedly pressing the open doors button before train has stopped.
    I do miss the slam doors though

Bishop Boy likes this.
  5. Walter Ego

Walter Ego Winger

Has anyone mentioned the cost yet?

Off to London tomorrow, cheaper to fly via Dublin.

6. KingOfSeaburn

KingOfSeaburn Winger

Station posters?

Thanks for that astounding insight, but apart from at kings cross ive never seen the carriage reservation indicators widely used

7. 0verlord44

0verlord44 Goalkeeper

any train to or from York on a saturday. fucking packed full of *****

Fusco and gazc24 like this.
  8. Tin Soldier

Tin Soldier Striker

I think the appalling state of the slither of space perporting to be 'a toilet' seems to be the worst aspect of any journey if you have the misfortune to need to use it ! Rank :evil:

9. AlpineExile

AlpineExile Striker

They don't? They do here (on a scale of 0 to 3).

10. Kent_Mackem

Kent_Mackem Striker

This, definitely this

11. AlpineExile

AlpineExile Striker

People standing in front of the door, blocking it, but not pressing the button even once in the station cos they seem to think that's someone else's job.

Just happened to me at the airport - I had to climb over their luggage to get to the button.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    Bishop Boy likes this.
  12. Iballistic George

Iballistic George Central Defender

It's not an astounding insight you !! Was just explaining how we have it up here FFS

13. mini-x2

mini-x2 Striker

In: Trains
    Out: Metros

Jasper likes this.
  14. ned_werby

ned_werby Striker

"purporting" is a great word. shame you mis-spelled it.

Vinyl Score likes this.
  15. Tin Soldier

Tin Soldier Striker

Shit happens ... Usually unflushed

Bishop Boy likes this.
  16. KingOfSeaburn

KingOfSeaburn Winger

Sarcasm pass you by?
    Have it up where? I have no idea what you are on about? For each train they erect individual posters declaring availability levels?

17. People for whom finding the seat F40 that they have reserved is a challenge along the lines of proving Fermat's Last Theorem, wandering along carriages hitting people with their bags every time they turn around as if expecting the seat to suddenly appear behind them when they've already checking, looking confused and bewildered at the entire process as if the seat numbers are written in a foreign language, and eventually giving you a rude 'you're in my seat' until you ask to see their ticket and then point out to them they are in coach D.

Also the bunch who do find their seat next to/opposite you and then take half the journey fucking on with their bags, coats, umbrellas, packed lunches, alpacas, whatever, before sitting the fuck down.

HeaderDownBrown and Fusco like this.
  18. Bishop Boy

Bishop Boy Striker

19. North Yorks Mackem

North Yorks Mackem Central Defender

I commute to work on the train and this annoys me far more than it probably should. :lol:

20. 0verlord44

0verlord44 Goalkeeper

The worst thing for me is people not allowing you to leave the train before they board!

It is pretty fucking simple that if you let me leave the train, there will be space for you, you simpleton!!!!!