Annoying things on trains

I've been on the kings cross to durham on quite a few occasions where the heating is stuck on in the carriage i've been on, during the warmer months. Thankfully the generous folk of GNER/ Virgin/ LNER or whatever they want to call themselves this week usually offer a free bottle of small water.

People putting bags on seats
Bores doing work on laptops
People standing up 10 minutes before the train arrives and messing about with their bags

Anything else?

Im often a bore on laptop. Grafting 3 hours to London n back I can take the next day off if I fancy.

Some proper a holes get on I agree.

People who walk up and down the entire train looking for an empty row on a train that's 80% full. They are often on the phone and hitting people in the shoulders or faces with their oversize bags while doing so. No, there is not a magically vacant pair of rose-scented seats for your special, special self.

Four cans, a full English and an extra large Toblerone is the only way to start a long train journey, regardless of the time.

I now understand why there are so many posts on this thread about the bogs.

People eating crisps then folding the packet up into a tiny square .. then putting it into the bin.

Getting stuck behind a woman at the gate whose ticket is on the bottom of their bag.

People using phones and children in the quiet coach.

If I was a ticket inspector people showing tickets and not having their railcard ready..

The wanker who comes and sits next to you in an empty carriage.

Giant backpack wankers unaware of their surroundings.

Wankers that confront you for sitting in their seat before properly checking the seat number and their ticket, only for them to be in wrong train or can't read their own ticket

The bloke sitting opposite on a previous work trip who must have rang everyone in his phone and had the same conversation to tell them he was on the train and he was excited because the hotel he was going to was next to a Dominos so he was having pizza later. I'd learned all his lines by the time I got there.
Should've mouthed the words as he spoke and see if he noticed

Back