Announcement?

That would make some sense, but its not really the way it has been sold

"We have secured some exciting new investment."

If it is investment then why has the ownership profile of Madrox not changed?

"Well thats not the way that the investors wish to invest, but its an INVESTMENT-ty-sort if thing."

So whats with the new charge on companies House, it reads like we've taken out a loan...

"Well yes, its a sort of loan style investment, but we have secured the investment that we wanted..."

Right, so its a loan?

"Yes but the loan is to Madrox and not the club, and anyway this will be new money in the form of equity, so look, right, its investment."

And what about the rest of the money that you used to buy the club, is that still coming back?

"Well we have paid over 9 million quid into the club..."

They haven't like. They could still sell the academy and the stadium.

The stadium is the big worry for me. I'm assuming it would be canny easy for them to effectively mortgage it to get some cash into the club, one of those lease back type deals that would hamstring us for years to come. The only hope is that they might think it would reduce the likely value of the club when they try and sell it.

The stadium is the big worry for me. I'm assuming it would be canny easy for them to effectively mortgage it to get some cash into the club, one of those lease back type deals that would hamstring us for years to come. The only hope is that they might think it would reduce the likely value of the club when they try and sell it.

They can't do that, because it's already charged to FPP.

No chance of them paying it back is there?

Just on that why hasn't the loan been used for anything tangible?

We've no idea to what extent it's been used after coming into the club, let alone what for. It's almost certain that it would have been needed post-lockdown just to keep things going in the absence of income. In addition, our wage bill is still probably the wrong side of £10m.

This is an informal message board, and Steeeeed isn't "professional" anyway, it's a voluntary position. It's detracting from the entire thing if you try to enforce respect from one side and not the other.
Doesn’t matter he’s in a position if he’s on the committee of RAWA which Steeed has done well to be chosen to be on the committee. We’ll just leave it as don’t want to drag this on because of his position. So we’ll agree to disagree
Agree with this. It'd be different if he said it at a RAWA event, or if he said something hideously offensive, but saying someone is talking shit, on your personal message board account, is hardly worthy of comment! The original comment was casting aspersions on the personality and motivations of the committee members, and he's one of them, if you're going to do that without providing any detail of why you believe it then you can probably expect to be pulled on it if one of them reads it! I don't know any of the committee members particularly well, but from what I do know of them I don't think there's any reason to doubt their motivations for doing it, or the time and effort they put into it. We could do with the fans all pulling together, not sniping about groups that are trying to do what they can
I hear all that but personally I wouldn’t of responded in the way he did. But think we should just leave it as I’ve already stated I’m sure Steeeed is a good man if he’s been chosen to be on RAWA committee. I was just surprised at the the way he responded.Sounded unprofessional but there you go.

Last edited:
Piss off man you clown. A business works if it has a sellable commodity, its up to the owners to make it worthwhile not the fans. They strive to improve that commodity regular, keeping on top of the opposition. Unfortunately for us, those "companies" invest and speculate to accumulate, our two bit hobbling chancer just sells and downgrades. If prospective owners can't see passed your anti fan agenda and not see what this place would be like once you get the ball rolling the right way, then they wont be very good owners anyhow. Do us all a favour, be a man and stand by your promise not to post on here again. You know nothing about the fans, the city or the club, so take your alphabetti spaghetti posts and fuck right off, you will not be missed

Mate that post is superb man.
Sums up how I feel to a tee.
Hope this regime just gets the fuck out of our club. I just wish I could believe that they won’t just pass us on to another set of chancers.

Piss off man you clown. A business works if it has a sellable commodity, its up to the owners to make it worthwhile not the fans. They strive to improve that commodity regular, keeping on top of the opposition. Unfortunately for us, those "companies" invest and speculate to accumulate, our two bit hobbling chancer just sells and downgrades. If prospective owners can't see passed your anti fan agenda and not see what this place would be like once you get the ball rolling the right way, then they wont be very good owners anyhow. Do us all a favour, be a man and stand by your promise not to post on here again. You know nothing about the fans, the city or the club, so take your alphabetti spaghetti posts and fuck right off, you will not be missed
Well f***ing said fella. @kildaremackem fuck off out of our club and take all your cronies with you back to the non league, p.s the way you spoke to and treated the irish lady at the club was disgusting. She should slapped you clean across those Tory chops.

Gloomy day today but have to view this as the owners running out of options to extend their disastrous reign.

Keep boycotting the club lads and lasses

If they are now just being paid by the government, every player now could decline and become a free agent.

They could. The problem is very few of them are any good and clubs at this level will be shedding players not hiring them. The worm has finally turned and the players and their agents no longer hold all the cards.

There will be PL players released who will end up in the Championship and the Championship players released will end up in League One. Very few of our lot will be in demand and definately not at their current salary.

Sorry but there’s a right way and a wrong to address people if your on the RAWA committee and that definitely is the wrong way.
Your 100% absolutely correct, alas not every one is diplomatic. The one who should be apologising is the poster that had a go at the lad from RAWA. there was no need for him to slag off a lad elected by supporters and who only represents supporters, not an individual.

Your 100% absolutely correct, alas not every one is diplomatic. The one who should be apologising is the poster that had a go at the lad from RAWA. there was no need for him to slag off a lad elected by supporters and who only represents supporters, not an individual.
Completely agree with this. I saw that post where he was getting grief and that was bang out of order.

Completely agree with this. I saw that post where he was getting grief and that was bang out of order.
That was my point.. its only a small minority that don't get it and because they don't get cause grief to any poster. It could be due to any of the points used to defend @Steeeed in my post that the lad reacted but still, there was no need for anyone to have a go at a lad doing his best for us.

That would make some sense, but its not really the way it has been sold

"We have secured some exciting new investment."

If it is investment then why has the ownership profile of Madrox not changed?

"Well thats not the way that the investors wish to invest, but its an INVESTMENT-ty-sort if thing."

So whats with the new charge on companies House, it reads like we've taken out a loan...

"Well yes, its a sort of loan style investment, but we have secured the investment that we wanted..."

Right, so its a loan?

"Yes but the loan is to Madrox and not the club, and anyway this will be new money in the form of equity, so look, right, its investment."

And what about the rest of the money that you used to buy the club, is that still coming back?

"Well we have paid over 9 million quid into the club..."

They haven't like. They could still sell the academy and the stadium.
Who would buy them... For example Planning consent for housing on Whitburn would be a minefield and very difficult to obtain... Flogging a stadia in this climate (brexit + covid) would be nye on impossible

They are assests but in real terms the market for them is pretty limited

Last edited:
Who would buy them... For example Planning consent for housing on Whitburn would be a minefield and very difficult to obtain... Flogging a stadia in this climate (brexit + covid) would be nye on impossible

They are assests but in real terms the market for them is pretty limited
No, that is true enough. Sale and lease back on the assets is always a possibility though, and the government are attempting to make planning consent for housing easier.

Back