Announcement?

The only announcement I’m looking forward to at the moment is the news of a sale of the club to reputable owners with the money, knowledge and vision to take the club forward.

Any news on the takeover front has I suppose understandably gone very quiet since the Coronavirus pandemic started but almost hidden in an online article from The Chronicle (I know) I found this today ...

Stewart Donald has said he is actively looking to sell Sunderland AFC this summer - although the coronavirus pandemic and its effects on the economic climate has slowed proceedings down.
Three groups were said to be undergoing due diligence and looking at the club's books prior to the global pandemic, while Chronicle Live knows of one party still hoping to complete a takeover at the club“

Please, please,please do it soon !!!

*Full article* EFL scrutiny over Wigan situation could complicate future Sunderland takeover

Last edited:

The only announcement I’m looking forward to at the moment is the news of a sale of the club to reputable owners with the money, knowledge and vision to take the club forward.

Any news on the takeover front has I suppose understandably gone very quiet since the Coronavirus pandemic started but almost hidden in an online article from The Chronicle (I know) I found this today ...

Stewart Donald has said he is actively looking to sell Sunderland AFC this summer - although the coronavirus pandemic and its effects on the economic climate has slowed proceedings down.
Three groups were said to be undergoing due diligence and looking at the club's books prior to the global pandemic, while Chronicle Live knows of one party still hoping to complete a takeover at the club“

*Full article* EFL scrutiny over Wigan situation could complicate future Sunderland takeover

They probably know about Mark Campbell, since by all accounts he's a bit of a gobshite. I'd rather he didn't come in tbh

Campbell would solidify us as a L1/L2 club and we might survive financially but it’d be a complete footballing disaster.

But what’s better at the moment? We’ll end up in administration with Donald. The only positive outcome would be if there’s a takeover from a currently unknown entity. But in the current climate that seems unlikely.

Campbell would solidify us as a L1/L2 club and we might survive financially but it’d be a complete footballing disaster.

But what’s better at the moment? We’ll end up in administration with Donald. The only positive outcome would be if there’s a takeover from a currently unknown entity. But in the current climate that seems unlikely.
Another penniless owner without a pot to piss in

Everything about that kernt sets alarm bells ringing.

So has anything happened I cant be arsed reading 48 pages
Of course not, ! every ‘something is happening’ or ‘so and so near to signing’ attracts on average 50 pages of speculation, angst and ultimately utter deflation ! We just don’t do anything positive people should know better 😂

Mad it’s not actually corona virus slowly the sale of the club down, but our fans. Mental.

Back