Ankle ligaments

mr hand

Full Back
done mine trying to recapture my youth playing footy in the Washington arms beer garden last night. Got myself a moon boot and crutches till Friday when I get a scan to see how badly! Anyone done them before? Best case a couple of weeks worst case months and an op,is that about right! The Qe were great today hail to the nhs

I did mine this time last year. Jumping over a 6 bar gate, ankle was purple for a month still hurts now, iv broken the my leg before and it took less time to heal

Used to play footy twice a week always had weak ankles. Used to sprain them quite regularly always was ok after about 4 weeks.

Then done my right ankle in really bad in 2014, still gets sore now after excercise or even a long walk. Not played footy since went physio and that didn’t help. To be honest they said ligaments but didn’t give me X-ray or scan. I think it’s either bone damage or I need some type of operation on the ligaments. I’ve done the injury before and I knew it was different last time.

Anyway to answer your question if your unluckily like me it could be fucked for good.

Done mine a few years ago on the Friday, we had Newcastle at home on the Sunday. Had to give my ticket away to someone else. We won 3-0 :lol: Agony, couldn't walk for 6 weeks. Lost 3 months of work.

All because I slipped on a single wet f***ing leaf.

Depends how bad.
First time my ankle was like a balloon, and leg from knee down went black. I was lucky not to have broke it. Was out for about 3 month, hospital didn't even give me crutches.
2nd time only slight bruising and podgyness, back to footy after about 3 weeks.
It looks like it's got permanent swelling around it now, and it clicks sometimes

First time f***ing knacked anarl.

invest in a visit to a sports injury clinic to get advice beyond raise and rest it would be my tip
Aye get it strengthened up properly, if they stay weak you keep going over on them and it becomes a vicious cycle. Maybe ultrasound might help as it starts to heal ?

Did mine badly about eight year ago. They couldn't tell whether there was a break or not at first.

It took about 18 month to get it to a point where I wouldn't roll it all the time playing footy but I still get bother with pain in it now. I had some physiotherapy after the initial injury but with this latest bother I'm booked in to see them again.

Done mine a few years ago on the Friday, we had Newcastle at home on the Sunday. Had to give my ticket away to someone else. We won 3-0 :lol: Agony, couldn't walk for 6 weeks. Lost 3 months of work.

All because I slipped on a single wet f***ing leaf.
You missed the game with a sprained ankle, FFS

When I did mine it took about six months to get back strong enough to play footy and even then it wasnt fully right. The bad thing is its little unexpected knocks or jars that set you back. Dont expect a quick fix

Done mine about 10-12 year ago playing 5 a side. Ankle like a balloon and went purple half way up me calf. Was in a pot and on crutches for about 6 weeks. When I got it off my leg and ankle were as weak as anything for at least another 3 month. Took about 6 month to get back to playing again and a month or two after to play pain free.

Done them again 3 year ago while playing football steaming at a BBQ at work. Duty Wheels drove me to hospital, was x-rayed, told just a sprain. Wasn’t allowed crutches as apparently would stiffen up and get worse, I needed to keep it moving. Went sick on the Monday morning; Med Centre had been waiting for me as they’d had a call from the x-ray dept at the hospital to tell them my ankle was badly broken in 2 places. I’d been hobbling about on the bastard for 2 days!! Straight into a moon boot and another 3 month of physio before I was good to go again, but lost about 3cm in movement of my ankle.

Back