Andy Carroll

Thatā€™s a pretty shit list TBF. For starters it refers to Premier League (so you assume post 1992 transfers) but includes Kenny Dalglish who transferred in 1977 but all the others are PL era. Thereā€™s also the fact that, as great a signing Vardy turned out to be for Leicester, he didnā€™t sign for them in the top flight so it surely isnā€™t a PL transfer?

Thatā€™s a pretty shit list TBF. For starters it refers to Premier League (so you assume post 1992 transfers) but includes Kenny Dalglish who transferred in 1977 but all the others are PL era. Thereā€™s also the fact that, as great a signing Vardy turned out to be for Leicester, he didnā€™t sign for them in the top flight so it surely isnā€™t a PL transfer?
it is the shit rag though, when did they ever care about getting facts right?

ā€œHereā€™s some football players names that generate the most clicks on our website and return higher results on the google search algorithmā€ doesnā€™t really have the same ring to it like, call me a cynic.

f***ing rank bastards bending and twisting in order to get Liverpool/Daglish mentioned in there too. They know what they are doing.

Last edited:
also denis irwin was a far better signing for united than cantona...

šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚

Always maintained thereā€™s a excellent player in there. Made of crisps though & when he was shit he was pretty shit, but well worthy of his England place when on form.

My memoryā€™s playing tricks on me, as I remember this being from outside the box šŸ˜‚

All of these lists are intentionally wrong/controversial. They're either made up or cherrypicked by some PR agency to get fans annoyed and click on the link. The Sun and Virgin Media get more clicks that way. The Sun probably published the exact same press release that was sent to them, word-for word.

The irony for me is that the Carroll deal was funded by the worst ever transfer in premier league history, Torres to Chelsea for Ā£50m. His last 18 months at Liverpool he ran round like heā€™d never kicked a ball in his life, he was embarrassing considering what he had been.

Probably different reasons behind it but it doesnā€™t half remind me of dele Ali, was absolutely brilliant for 3-4 season and the last 2-3 he has been absolutely anonymous.

Getting back to carroll, he could have been the best target man around for years, Liverpool didnā€™t suit his style and his lifestyle/injuries wrecked his career

Kante?
Ā£5.5 million won the PL then sold after 2 years for Ā£32 million. You couldnā€™t ask for more from a player.

Ronaldo 3rd is a strange one. Ā£12 million, won loads sold for Ā£80 million.

One of the most underrated buys was Ashley Cole to Chelsea. The whole thing spiralled around Gallas, so they looked as though Arsenal were helping Chelsea out by giving them a LB for Gallas and like Ā£5 mill.
Cole won some stuff at Arsenal then moved to Chelsea and won a shit ton more.
Gallas won stuff at Chelsea then move to Arsenal and won nothing again.
It was Gallas that was making all the noise and threatening to score own goals and whatnot. Chelsea got one of the best deals ever.

How is our ā€œsigningā€ of Alverez not on there? Thatā€™s the worst piece of business I think Iā€™ve ever seen

Last edited:
Kante?
Ā£5.5 million won the PL then sold after 2 years for Ā£32 million. You couldnā€™t ask for more from a player.

Ronaldo 3rd is a strange one. Ā£12 million, won loads sold for Ā£80 million.

One of the most underrated bits was Ashley Cole to Chelsea. The whole thing spiralled around Gallas, so they looked as though Arsenal were helping Chelsea out by giving them a LB for Gallas and like Ā£5 mill.
Cole won some stuff at Arsenal then moved to Chelsea and won a shit ton more.
Gallas won stuff at Chelsea then move to Arsenal and won nothing again.
It was Gallas that was making all the noise and threatening to score own goals and whatnot. Chelsea got one of the best deals ever.

How is our ā€œsigningā€ of Alverez not on there? Thatā€™s the worst piece of business I think Iā€™ve ever seen
At least we didnā€™t have to watch Alvarez, Iā€™ve still got visions of didier nā€™dong attempt to play a simple 10 yard pass!

Carroll was the main player for Liverpool in the 2012 fa cup semi/ final. Not worth the money they paid but if it wasn't for Cech and a goal line clearance he could have won Liverpool their first trophy for 6 years.
They also got a transfer fee for him. He wasn't VFM but no way the worst

Back