Andy Carroll injured again

No, but 58 appearances in 6 seasons puts him in the running for the most injured player award
For a player to be in even with a sniff of a performance such as the one against Tranmere after TWO cruciate ligament injures is remarkable. This kid has been terribly unlucky and is showing great character to be at playing at all. He is not a Rodwell-style sicknote but dealing with genuinely career-threartening injuries.
Plus, remarkably, he does not seem to have lost much, if any, of his pace.
If he can stay fit this season (big if, I know) then Sunderland will have a real bonus for the squad in Watmore.

Hate saying this as know what going to happen but Last 18 months poor

This could be partially down to him not being a pellegrini type player

Before he was always the classic, great player, when fit
Scans with what my Scouse mates said. Good player when fit, but not fit enough. Shame like, he could have had a top career. Feel more sympathy for him if the questions marks over his lifestyle outside of football didn't linger.

According to the Ronnie Gil he’s twinged his groin.
Arh bless
He’d give Rodwell a run for the most injured player ever award
Fat isn’t daft enough to be paying him £60k a week though!

Decent bit of business bringing him in on a pay as you play basis.

Contrary to perception.. I've just had a beer with him in my local and he was a canny lad...

Very unassuming and polite

I've mentioned here before that he met the daughter and a few of her mates in a bar in Newcastle a year or so ago. He asked why they were out and when he found out it was one of their birthdays he bought a tray of drinks. He never played the big "I am", wished them a nice night and buggered off. She said he came across as a really nice bloke.

I'll see your Andy Carroll and I'll raise you a Duncan Watmore
No comparlson FFS. Watmore has been dealt a shitstick with regard to his injuries and really looks after himself with regard to fitness. Whatever anyones feelings are about the lads ability on the ball, he is a credit to himself and the club.

According to the Ronnie Gil he’s twinged his groin.
Arh bless
He’d give Rodwell a run for the most injured player ever award
There’s me major difference Carroll actually wants to play where Rodwell didn’t. I’d love to know how injured Rodwell really was while he was with us
I put him a close second to him that should’ve be mentioned on here that started at Bolton went to Celtic then Everton and came to us

Back