Andy Capp

BIG MAL

Striker
Is the comic strip still published anywhere or did it loose its relevance in this day and age?
What other little things have disappeared over the years?

Is the comic strip still published anywhere or did it loose its relevance in this day and age?
It's in the Daily Mirror and the Hartlepool Mail, each day.
It's all a bit PC these days, though.
No tab hanging out of his mouth these days, nor does he and Flo windmill the daylights out of each other.

The Andy Capp statue, stands next to the Harbour of Refuge, pub (The Pot House) on Hartlepool Headland, in tribute to Hartlepool born Reg Smythe, who created the Andy Capp strip.

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited by a moderator:
No tab hanging out of his mouth these days, nor does he and Flo windmill the daylights out of each other.

The Andy Capp statue, stands next to the Harbour of Refuge, pub (The Pot House) on Hartlepool Headland, in tribute to Hartlepool born Reg Smythe, who created the Andy Capp strip.

Lovely statue but blimey it’s titchy

Reg lived just round the corner from me when I was growing up. Couldn't see his bungalow mind as it was behind all the other houses with a drive in-between them to get to it.
Along with Janick Gers (who has been seen at many a Pools match) Hatlepools most famous person.

Lovely cheap pint there with stunning view.

Men being head of the household.
News of the world.

I used to get the Mirror for donkey's years, never missed Andy. He reminds me of a now banned poster from here. Forget his name. Bit of a twat.

Back