Android Phone Screen Replacement

Tommasi

Striker
My lass (no) has dropped her Huawei Mate P20 Pro and smashed the screen, it's apparently going to be couple hundred quid to get replaced by Huawei.

Anyone know a decent phone shop where it's cheaper?

With it not being iPhone/Samsung I didnt know if it would be a bit harder to sort. The one time I had a Sony phone and smashed the screen it was a right fuck on to find somewhere that would fix it.

My lass (no) has dropped her Huawei Mate P20 Pro and smashed the screen, it's apparently going to be couple hundred quid to get replaced by Huawei.

With it not being iPhone/Samsung I didnt know if it would be a bit harder to sort. The one time I had a Sony phone and smashed the screen it was a right fuck on to find somewhere that would fix it.
Aye, Apple shop in the Metrocentre, they’ll replace the whole phone for something decent mate.😉

There's a lad in Peterlee who always seems to get recommended. I asked him about replacing the home button on my P20 pro and he said it can't be done like so I've never actually had work done by him.

Not got any insurance? If not specific gadget insurance, then most likely covered under contents insurance. Excess should be a lot lower?

I always avoid 3rd party cheaper screens, they are never the same IMO

It's a canny price for the LCD $160 and this is abroad so you're not gonna get it done on the cheap in the UK.

Depending on damage (is it still usable?) then I'd sell it and buy a 2nd hand one as it's an option I've done in the past that was cheaper than messing about replacing a the screen on my S7 edge a few years back

Decent 2nd hand looks to be about £300ish and it's £375 for this new one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just replace your lass instead, it will be cheaper.;)

Back