Android boxes

Smiler

Striker
Just a quick question someone may be able to answer, which of them have a really good WiFi reception and do any run the Virgin TV Control app?
Could be an easy way of being able to watch Virgin TV stuff on another TV.

Just a quick question someone may be able to answer, which of them have a really good WiFi reception and do any run the Virgin TV Control app?
Could be an easy way of being able to watch Virgin TV stuff on another TV.

X92 is good for Wifi connection. It has an antenna for extended Wifi Range. Don't know the answer about the Virgin Tv Control App though, sorry.

Would never use WiFi for streaming .

I use the WiFi on my phone to watch recorded stuff off my Virgin box all the time and it works well enough. If I could get an Android box that the Virgin TV Control app works on I can watch stuff I've recorded on Virgin on another TV very easily.

Is this defo worth £180 - seems pricey but the reviews are pretty decent?
Iv got two. Best device currently available with support second to none. Wait till black fri i recon they will drop to 160.

If you want a budget device which is a fantastic box for the money with the android tv interface go for the xiaomi mi box. Can be picked up for around 50.

The mi box s has just been released a newer version, looks canny for the price.

I'd still go with a shield tho unless your budget doesn't allow.

The mi box s has just been released a newer version, looks canny for the price.

I'd still go with a shield tho unless your budget doesn't allow.
Didnt know they had may check it out. Il Move the old mi on for more or less what i paid. Worth the upgrade? Much difference? An ethernet port would be a bonus.

I get everything on my Amazon Fire TV box. Used to have a dedicated android box but sold it as the Amazon one is a great all-rounder and you can use LAN.

How are the tens of millions of Chromecast and Fire TV Stick users managing then? :eek:

Something from the year 2000 you want to share with us? :D
you want to tell us what speed you get using wifi ? and how smooth it is for 4K streaming ?
Do you think the new generation of fire sticks have an ethernet adaptor option just for the fun of it ?

Back