Andrew Symonds

Status
Not open for further replies.

A massive waste of talent. Immensely talented but I've nothing but contempt for the man, passed up an opportunity to become a great cricketer because he was a twat basically.

A massive waste of talent. Immensely talented but I've nothing but contempt for the man, passed up an opportunity to become a great cricketer because he was a twat basically.

This.

Helped the Aussies beating England in the Whitewash series.

I dont know about that, the Aussie public loved him. Seemed to enjoy a few drinks when he wasn't playing, hard to see too much wrong with that, different generation for cricket i guess.

hardly a wasted talent probably missed out on 12 tests through his actions but that hardly would have made him a great anyway. Good record but lost interest.

How could he have played for us again, English parent or something was it?

moved with his adopted parents to Aus at 3 months old so had no affiliation with England really. Fair play to him for not taking the easy choice as back then it was near impossible to get near the Aus Squad.

I dont know about that, the Aussie public loved him. Seemed to enjoy a few drinks when he wasn't playing, hard to see too much wrong with that, different generation for cricket i guess.

Think the problem was that he liked a few drinks when he was supposed to be training/at team meetings

Always enjoyed watching him play, had a hearty chuckle when he took out that bloke who ran on teh pitch...

As an Aussie i am happy to see him go, absolute w*nker in the highest order

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back