Andrew Neil gunning for Rashford

Your "charity work" inverted commas are in poor taste.
I've worked at a charity which Marcus has supported. He does it because he believes it's right.
Just coincidental that his own profile has been raised in the process?
Well done on your charity work.
Yes @Gazoliver i reckon we need to see your workings on this one.... for nothing else other
than to avoid you making a fool of yourself
It'll all come out in the end.
I'm all for helping the vulnerable when it's required but not for personal gain.
Fully aware he's a knob like....just wanted to call him out on this one
:eek: :confused:

Last edited:

He's a professional footballer. What he does off the pitch get as much coverage as what he does on it. He can't help that.
We have had him come along under the radar and bring things for the families/children, but it gets out.
He chooses to use a lot of his time to promote good causes and charities.

Explain to me how using his platform for good is in any way a negative thing?

Surely you would rather anyone "raised their profile" with good works than say what other footballers have done in their spare time?
I'm all for helping the vulnerable when it's required but not for personal gain.

He comes from an impoverished area of Manchester. He's helping people in the way he saw families NOT being helped when he was growing up.

How exactly is that "personal gain"?

Last edited:

:eek: :confused:
may I ask if you voted Brexit and disliked the taking of the knee?

He's a professional footballer. What he does off the pitch get as much coverage as what he does on it. He can't help that.
We have had him come along under the radar and bring things for the families/children, but it gets out.
He chooses to use a lot of his time to promote good causes and charities.

Explain to me how using his platform for good is in any way a negative thing?

Surely you would rather anyone "raised their profile" with good works than say what other footballers have done in their spare time?

He comes from an impoverished area of Manchester. He's helping people in the way he saw families NOT being helped when he was growing up.

How exactly is that "personal gain"?
I agree that Marcus Rashford seems 100% committed to the cause that is close to his heart and the last thing in his mind is increasing his "brand" value.
I voted brexit and disliked taking the knee.

I try not to get political on here but no I did not vote for Brexit. Imo we were better in the EU for a whole raft of reasons.
Knee - it was very powerful and served its purpose at the time but feel it's run its course now. There is other stuff we can and are doing.

I try not to get political on here but no I did not vote for Brexit. Imo we were better in the EU for a whole raft of reasons.
Knee - it was very powerful and served its purpose at the time but feel it's run its course now. There is other stuff we can and are doing.
do you attack Henderson for his charitable work too then?

I'm trying to understand your issue with Rashford

Back