Andalusia for a week in January

Finally had my holiday request approved and this is what I've got planned. If anyone has been, is Cordoba worth a day trip? What about Cadiz?

The idea is to fly in to Granada for a couple of nights, then get the train to Seville and fly home from there with a day trip to Jerez thrown in as well.

It all seems quite do-able based on train journey times but if I'm wrong please let me know.

Finally had my holiday request approved and this is what I've got planned. If anyone has been, is Cordoba worth a day trip? What about Cadiz?

The idea is to fly in to Granada for a couple of nights, then get the train to Seville and fly home from there with a day trip to Jerez thrown in as well.

It all seems quite do-able based on train journey times but if I'm wrong please let me know.
Sounds like you'll be rushing around .Granada Seville and Cadiz and leave others for another time .Some canny youtube guides
Never been to cadiz,try to fit it into my week last summer but just around Ronda kept me busy

Sounds like you'll be rushing around .Granada Seville and Cadiz and leave others for another time .Some canny youtube guides
Never been to cadiz,try to fit it into my week last summer but just around Ronda kept me busy

Jerez isn't as far from Seville as Cadiz is though.

Fly into Malaga (may be cheaper) then get bullet train to Cordoba?

Went for 10 nights in October. Flew to Malaga and hired a car from Centauro for buttons - far less than the trains. Stayed in the Hilton in Seville which is 15 minutes north of the city centre but spot on and again was pretty cheap. Definitely do Cadiz and Cordoba, there was nothing much about Jerez. Seville is amazingly cheap to eat. Tapas are like two fifty each everywhere.

Went for 10 nights in October. Flew to Malaga and hired a car from Centauro for buttons - far less than the trains. Stayed in the Hilton in Seville which is 15 minutes north of the city centre but spot on and again was pretty cheap. Definitely do Cadiz and Cordoba, there was nothing much about Jerez. Seville is amazingly cheap to eat. Tapas are like two fifty each everywhere.

Aye we'd planned on doing it over ten days as well but can't do more than a week due to work sadly. Cheers for the advice.

Aye we'd planned on doing it over ten days as well but can't do more than a week due to work sadly. Cheers for the advice.
I'd say the best part of Seville to stay in is Triana. It's across the river from the city centre but is far more authentic Andalusia than the Jewish Quarter and centre. Full on flamenco and massive paellas owa Triana way.

Back