And the next 007 is..

About time or an agenda out of control?

PC out of control more like it once you look deeper. I am all for women getting more acting roles previously dominated by men but sometimes you just have to understand that a male actor was given that role for a purpose and it is naturally suited to a male for that role.

We recently had an all female Ghostbusters. Seemed wrong. Not wrong but unnatural perhaps. People like Dan Akroyd and Bill Murray are natural clowns and it lent itself to the film that the four busters' are bungling idiots yet who get the job done which I think the Ghostbusters are. We had a new female Doctor Who. This is a grey area for me. I think it is perfectly fine for a female actor to take on the role - although in my day the Doctor was always a gentleman of advanced or advancing years.

Now this. 007 was always meant to be typecast as a suave, debonair, good looking, well dressed male. Just the way he was made by Ian Fleming.

I wish her luck. I really do. But I just feel that some film and TV characters are naturally meant to be one gender or the other. It isn't sexist. It just it was created that the character was meant to be female or male.

Will we see a male Lara Croft?

Last edited:
Yes, he's called Indiana Jones.

You aren't going to see a female James Bond you plum. :lol:

You are the plum for being stupid enough to twist what I said and to think Lara Croft can be compared to Indiana Jones. OK they both do similar stuff but I clearly meant will a male actor be taking over from Alicia Vikander in the film Tomb Raider should they do a Tomb Raider II.

I'm all for having strong, female lead characters in films but not at the expense of changing an established character's gender for the Hell of it.

What's next? Harriette Potter?

Exactly what I am trying to say.

You are the plum for being stupid enough to twist what I said and to think Lara Croft can be compared to Indiana Jones. OK they both do similar stuff but I clearly meant will a male actor be taking over from Alicia Vikander in the film Tomb Raider should they do a Tomb Raider II.
Lara Croft was based on Indiana Jones, she was even going to have a whip but the thought Lucas Arts would sue.

James bond just won't be 007 in this film, at least at the beginning of the film. This makes sense, he fucked off at the end of the last one from what I remember.

Exactly what I am trying to say.
He's been an absolute dribbler too.

Lara Croft was based on Indiana Jones, she was even going to have a whip but the thought Lucas Arts would sue.

James bond just won't be 007 in this film, at least at the beginning of the film. This makes sense, he fucked off at the end of the last one from what I remember.

He's been an absolute dribbler too.

Going about it all wrong though aren't they.

Really her being the new 007 should have been kept quiet and part of the storyline of the new bond film and then that film starts as it's own spinoff franchise.

Crowbarring it in to tick boxes is the wrong approach.

Going about it all wrong though aren't they.

Really her being the new 007 should have been kept quiet and part of the storyline of the new bond film and then that film starts as it's own spinoff franchise.

Crowbarring it in to tick boxes is the wrong approach.
She'll probably get killed half way through man, giving Bond motivation to kill some baddies.

If she survives I can see a hiatus and a new James Bond, no chance 007 will be a woman long term.

one thing the James Bond production team have always been good at is 'promotion' with the build up to their film releases... and this is no different.
Remember that this time around they brought in Emmy nominated writer/actress Phoebe Waller-Bridge (Fleabag and Killing Eve) to spruce up the storyline for the next film (which will be Daniel Craig's last outing as Bond) - she seems to have come up with a female to be the new 007 in this film (not the new James Bond) as James Bond retired at end of previous Bond film ;)

The films were originally based on the Ian Fleming novels (set during the Cold War in the 1950's and early 60's)... and James Bond was or is 007... in the same way that other operatives for MI6 (in the franchise) have a '00' or a 'Licence to Kill' in the field in order to complete their missions, etc.
Fleming also wrote that the 'Standard mandatory retirement age for any '00' operative is 45

If you go back to some of Fleming's books he mentions other '00' operatives... in Moonraker a '0011' had gone missing while on an operation in Singapore... in The Man with The Golden Gun the hitman Scaramanga had killed a '002' in Beirut... and there was a '005' in Kingsley Amis/Fleming Bond book Colonel Sun.
Then in the film versions there have been a fair few other '00' operatives mentioned over the years... the Sean Bean character in Goldeneye was '006', there was mention of a '002' and a '004' on training exercise with '007' (played in that film by Timothy Dalton) in The Living Daylights.

And then lets not forget that in a James Bond continuation novel by the Fleming estate (written by Anthony Horowitz a few years ago) they reveal that James Bond was the second '007' from MI6 as the first '007' had been killed on assignment in the South of France in the year 1950. His body was discovered in the waters of Marseille. This man was the first to hold the 007 title, and was in the first batch of '00' Agents.

The promo of the Bond films doesn't always go to plan though... When they premiered the Pierce Brosnan film Tomorrow Never Dies at Cannes Film Festival in the late 90's the film was actually called Tomorrow Never Lies... but when they ran off the merchandizing somebody had made a blunder and typed Dies instead of Lies, and they then stuck with it rather than total re-print (there is even a promo shot of Brosnan and some of the production team at Cannes with a Tomorrow Never Lies backdrop) :lol:

So in upcoming Bond25 they have a female '007'... by the end of the film maybe they will need to replace '007' and the next male actor to take over role in Bond26 will be '007' again ;)

Last edited:
It’s fine as long as the next Elizabeth Bennett in a remake of Pride and Prejudice is played by Dwayne ‘the Rock’ Johnson.

Actually makes more sense 007 being a woman now than the same bloke being in prime condition for five decades.

Common sense was James Bond 007 being the cover name for lots of agents over the years.

Which would then open up the possibility of a Five Doctors style Bond film with all of the surviving actors in.

Aren’t the majority of spies computer hackers these days? Watching some geek tap on a keyboard for 2 hours is going to be shit.

Four eyes only
Spenkter

Aren’t the majority of spies computer hackers these days? Watching some geek tap on a keyboard for 2 hours is going to be shit.

Four eyes only
Spenkter

:D

Yeah but sometimes a trigger needs to be pulled ... or not pulled. It’s hard to tell which in your pyjamas (in the basement of your Mam’s house surrounded by empty cans of Monster and packs of Cheetos).

Back