And the next 007 is..

Hang on. Read the article.

She isn’t taking over the role of Bond, she’s taking his 007 code name.

The Sun article literally says, Bond is still James Bond.
Ah reet, I haven't had the chance to look yet.
I'm still dubious as to who this is meant to appeal to though? I mean women like Bond films because of James Bond, men like Bond films because it's that whole male power fantasy thing.
When you switch it up, who'll be interested really? Women won't really as a rule of thumb be interested in a Bond film action flick without the male lead and men won't be interested because they're not able to put themselves in the lead. It's a funny one.
We'll see though, I suppose.

Last edited:
Ah reet, I haven't had the chance to look yet.
I'm still dubious as to who this is meant to appeal to though? I mean women like Bond films because of James Bond, men like Bond films because it's that whole male power fantasy thing.
When you switch it up, who'll be interested really? Women won't really as a rule of thumb be interested in a Bond film action flick without the male lead and men won't be interested because they're not able to put themselves in the lead. It's a funny one.
We'll see though, I suppose.
For all we know it could just be as it says in the article and nothing more.

She could have a 5 minute part where bond is just shocked to meet who has been 007 in his abscence.

Hopefully it won't go the route of Ghostbusters and Doctor Who, where casting a female in the lead is an excuse to gash writing properly for the character off. Just throw together any old shite together and scream misogyny at anyone who doesn't say it's fantastic.

Personally I'd have gone for Shazad Latif.

For all we know it could just be as it says in the article and nothing more.

She could have a 5 minute part where bond is just shocked to meet who has been 007 in his abscence.
Ayyyye, I'm looking into it a bit more now that I'm up and moving about.
99% sure it's probably sensationalist bollocks.

It’s not Lashana Lynch man it’s Caster Semanya.
At least she’ll be in good shape to chase after the villain.
Ticks loads of boxes.

There’s always one ‘sacrificial lamb’ in a Bond flick.

Before anyone gets their knickers in a twist, lets say Bond did a Captain Oates with Leya Sedaux (Madeline Swan) so the new Bewer takes his number.

Then she gets whacked by the new (or old?) villain and Bond is called back to duty and takes up his old number?

Crisis averted - SJWs get appeased and crusty old traditionalists like me don’t need to get up in arms about our hero being replaced by a female black trans vegan lesbian.

I particularly like the bit where they say she won't want to shag him, I'm not entirely sure why but it just tickles me.

She's such a strong independent woman she rejects biological urges and instead shags a man called Barry who is overweight and has aids but she's really showing bond who's boss....

Hope she's a baddy. A rouge 007 that Bond ends up putting a bullet in to get his code name back. Could easy stretch it over 2-3 films too.

Can't be arsed if she's going to be a straight shooter.

A lot of people are speculating (thanks in large part to the thread title) something that the article doesn't confirm.

They aren't building a new franchise around a new 007.

It would appear that at the start of the next movie Bond is retired and brought back on assignment one last time. When he arrives he meets who has been 007 since his retirement, which is portrayed by Lashana Lynch.

I imagine there will be much back and forth quips about him wanting his old moniker back.... and hilarity ensures.

Because at the end of the last film he had retired, to be honest I was happy to leave it at that considering I have seen all the bond films, so that passing on the 007 codenumber to someone else makes sense, makes no difference to me who it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back