Ancient Aliens

safcrob

Winger
Does anyone watch this? Typical American shite. I just watch it for the shit stories they come up with. In one episode they were on about how the universe was created and according to one expert who appeared it may have been created by dolphin like creatures.

I have this theory that the idea of Ancient Aliens was dreamt up by a convicted Swiss fraudster and embezzler in the late 1960's.

This then led to my main hypothesis which is that the whole thing turned out to be so lucrative and the general public so gullible that over the past 50 years a series of loonies and con men have readily jumped on to the Ancient Alien bandwagon and have been living off it ever since.

Seen 1 episode, they found a model of an aeroplane in an ancient tomb, they rebuilt an upscaled exact replica stuck it in a wind tunnel and it flew just like modern plane does. Not sure what that's got to do with aliens but it was a canny watch. Keep meaning to watch more episodes but got better things to watch.

Decent to begin with, but it's getting more and more silly as they run out of interesting material.

I don't necessarily buy that aliens came down from space to visit our ancestors, but virtually everything we know about ancient cultures is merely conjecture that's accepted by the academic establishment. there's a lot of physical evidence that doesn't tally with what we're told about these people.

Quite enjoy it.

Stumbled on the one with the American voiceover instead of the bloke who does all of the British voiceovers and had to turn the bastard off.

Quite enjoy it.

Stumbled on the one with the American voiceover instead of the bloke who does all of the British voiceovers and had to turn the bastard off.
This is a weird phenomenon. Mythbusters, always watched it with UK dub, started on a different channel with the Yank bloke and couldn't stand it initially. Started to have it on in the background and then grew to enjoy the Yank more and now can't abide the English voiceover. :lol: Very odd.

This is a weird phenomenon. Mythbusters, always watched it with UK dub, started on a different channel with the Yank bloke and couldn't stand it initially. Started to have it on in the background and then grew to enjoy the Yank more and now can't abide the English voiceover. :lol: Very odd.
:lol:

Does anyone watch this? Typical American shite. I just watch it for the shit stories they come up with. In one episode they were on about how the universe was created and according to one expert who appeared it may have been created by dolphin like creatures.

I watched the first few episodes just to laugh at the bullshit they were spouting but I couldn't take anymore after that. It's just non-stop drivel punctuated with snippets of proper scientists saying things that have nothing to do with the point the show is trying to make, edited to make it sound like they're backing them up.

Painful viewing.

I feel truly sorry for anyone that believes any of it.

I have this theory that the idea of Ancient Aliens was dreamt up by a convicted Swiss fraudster and embezzler in the late 1960's.

This then led to my main hypothesis which is that the whole thing turned out to be so lucrative and the general public so gullible that over the past 50 years a series of loonies and con men have readily jumped on to the Ancient Alien bandwagon and have been living off it ever since.
Eric von Daniken?

Back