Amsterdam

My youngest boy just come back Sunday afternoon...
He loved it like , course with him being a California jew pot doctor it's easy to find lasses up for a few days humping no questions asked...
On a serious note, well not really ...he didn't wanna come back, loved it despite the fact it was €33 for 2 drinks and was up and down like a yoyo...
Said the food was quality and the hotel was canny....
Kings day was on the Saturday whatever that is but he did say it was very Orange.

Is that 5/6 a half litre or a half?

Half litre. It's the same as any big city, you'll get ripped off in tourist trap places.

Rembrantplein and Leidesplein are not cheap but there are the odd bars that are okay price wise like Coco's which is basically a Walkabout.

Most shit bars around the RLD like Susie's Saloon around about 5 euro a bottle of Grolsch. Irish bars I assume are horrendously expensive. Just go back one canal belt and the price generally drops. Just keep an eye out for happy hours, there are loads and they're usually good.

Half litre. It's the same as any big city, you'll get ripped off in tourist trap places.

Rembrantplein and Leidesplein are not cheap but there are the odd bars that are okay price wise like Coco's which is basically a Walkabout.

Most shit bars around the RLD like Susie's Saloon around about 5 euro a bottle of Grolsch. Irish bars I assume are horrendously expensive. Just go back one canal belt and the price generally drops. Just keep an eye out for happy hours, there are loads and they're usually good.

I'm going with loads of drips (brother in laws stag do) so I will probably end up in the tourist traps.

My youngest boy just come back Sunday afternoon...
He loved it like , course with him being a California jew pot doctor it's easy to find lasses up for a few days humping no questions asked...
On a serious note, well not really ...he didn't wanna come back, loved it despite the fact it was €33 for 2 drinks and was up and down like a yoyo...
Said the food was quality and the hotel was canny....
Kings day was on the Saturday whatever that is but he did say it was very Orange.
:lol: it was a prearranged 4 day bender back in 2009 so props to the fact your son has a fully working time machine :cool:.

Just rewatched this documentary from many years ago of this name. About 2 stunningly beautiful women that moved to Amsterdam & got sucked in by the whole scene over there.

A bit dated, but worth watch.

Wow ! Thank you for putting that link up, i've never seen it before. I knew Patsy when I lived in Amsterdam in 1980/81. She was always a bit of a character and was a regular in a bar I worked and hung out in. That took me right back.

Back