Amsterdam

De Pjip is a nice area, a bit like Notting Hill but cheaper and not as pretentious, about 2 miles from the red light area, and not as edgy as the red light area, less touristy and a nicer atmosphere , lots of bars and restaurants. Not in De Pjip but not far from central station this is a good bar, opens at 4pm in the afternoon

Home - | BROUWERIJ HET IJ |

Highjacking this thread.

Going to the dam on Friday on a stag and someone has said a lot of places don't accept cash anymore, only card?

Is this true or are they talking shite?
There's a candle shop that I remember doesn't take cash, so if you need candles you'll have to go elsewhere.

Highjacking this thread.

Going to the dam on Friday on a stag and someone has said a lot of places don't accept cash anymore, only card?

Is this true or are they talking shite?

I was on a stag there last July and can’t recall anywhere that was card only. I rarely took me card out the hotel in case I lost it so would just take cash out on the nights. Wish I had another one to look forward to this July!

There's loads of steakhouses, but as for bars, they are all shite imo. I can't put my finger on why, but it's not what its cracked up to be imo.
I’ve never had a good night out there. I expect people will tell me I went to the wrong places, but I really don’t think it’s all that as a city. It’s easy to get to and the Dutch are very friendly mind.

Do people on this board ever go anywhere without asking where to go beforehand? Why not just go to a great city and discover it by yourself
Half of it is look at me ! The other half is genuine
Rough guides weren't popular for nowt
I passed and stopped in some great places in the 80s but didn't know it

Think it's more of a day time stag / piss up venue than a night one for stag do's - although there's clearly the strip clubs to go too. Every time I've went I've either had to get the ferry back at around 5pm or on the night we've just sat in an outside canal bar smoking joints and having a few pints after a full day on the drink.

Didn't bother with any restaurants, Irish pub for breakfast and street food during the day.

If I went again it would be for a bit of culture like, sick to back teeth of piss ups & drugs there, done 5 lads trips now.

Just got back this afternoon. Lost in Amsterdam was a good place for a smoke & a pint. €9 a pint mind.
Got to say it wasn’t overly lively, although we were there for kings day so the locals were probably all saving themselves for that.

If you’re getting towards the end and people are skint Waterhole could be a good option. It’s in Rembrandt square and it’s €4 for a half decent pint of Bavaria. Much better than the pisswater Heineken we had to endure all weekend.

Just got back this afternoon. Lost in Amsterdam was a good place for a smoke & a pint. €9 a pint mind.
Got to say it wasn’t overly lively, although we were there for kings day so the locals were probably all saving themselves for that.

If you’re getting towards the end and people are skint Waterhole could be a good option. It’s in Rembrandt square and it’s €4 for a half decent pint of Bavaria. Much better than the pisswater Heineken we had to endure all weekend.

You've done well to find anywhere serving a drink at 9 euro a go.

Back