American PAYG Sim Card

__howdy__

Striker
I'm going to the States in a couple of weeks and likely to need to use a fair bit of data for maps etc. My phone has duel sim capability, so was thinking of getting an American PAYG sim.

Has anyone done this, and if so can they give any recommendations?

I'm going to the States in a couple of weeks and likely to need to use a fair bit of data for maps etc. My phone has duel sim capability, so was thinking of getting an American PAYG sim.

I looked into it last year but never actually got one - most of the travel advice suggested T-Mobile as one of the better services.

I bought one when I got there. I think it was a 'Best Buy' I went in, bought a sim and a month of unlimited data. Can't remember which network @Tex might know if one is better than another.

Download all the maps you need before you go.

I never bother if visiting a tourist area as wifi is pretty much everywhere , if driving download maps in advance or just rely on satnav

Which network at you with over here? I know a few now include data with your package in selected countries, might be worth checking with them 1st

depends on where in states.

verizon is best coverage in NYC, youre looking at 50 bucks a month for a suitable payg package. different areas have better coverage.

at&t are decent also

which network you with?

I'm off to NYC 2 weeks today. My EE contract covers me in the States - calls, texts and data as per my contract

The take home message? Switch to EE

All of the major networks are pretty much the same, but there are hotspots everywhere so if your UK SIM covers it I wouldn't bother.

Pop into any Best Buy and they'll have loads to choose from.

Get a 3 SIM in the UK and top it up with whatever you need. We were in the US for 2 weeks and spent about £15 for all the data and calls/texts that we wanted.

That too

Which network at you with over here? I know a few now include data with your package in selected countries, might be worth checking with them 1st

I live in Sweden, and my network (Telia) offer a holiday package for the States but it is both expensive as well as not very inclusive in terms of data allowance.

I'm in England next weekend for the match though, so I may well do the above suggestion of buying a 3 simcard. 12GB would be enough for me

I live in Sweden, and my network (Telia) offer a holiday package for the States but it is both expensive as well as not very inclusive in terms of data allowance.

I'm in England next weekend for the match though, so I may well do the above suggestion of buying a 3 simcard. 12GB would be enough for me
Wembley or back in Sunderland?

Back