American Horror Story

sonofagun

Winger
Anyone watching the new season? Highly recommended. I thought that it had ran its course during the Roanoke season and was watching it purely out of habit, but this year (Apocalypse) is Season 1 or 2 levels of brilliance. It meshes together all of the previous seasons.

To give a trace of a spoiler:
The demon child from Murder House is an adult now :)

Been watching it at US pace and Episode 4 must be the best one in at least 7 years!

I keep hearing people to tell me how great this show is but I've never watched it... even people who I know don't like shows like this tell me it's an awesome show. I don't know. I've never really been a fan of scary movies/shows

I keep hearing people to tell me how great this show is but I've never watched it... even people who I know don't like shows like this tell me it's an awesome show. I don't know. I've never really been a fan of scary movies/shows
I think the people who don't usually like horrors like AHS because there's a mild humour aspect to the horror. You'll see what I mean yourself when you watch it.

I think the people who don't usually like horrors like AHS because there's a mild humour aspect to the horror. You'll see what I mean yourself when you watch it.
Okay, thanks... I will check it out. I mean, I really enjoyed Strange Things a lot.

Interesting. Is it a series of stories or just one long story per episode?

You know what? I am being a lazy ass, I'll google and look into it.
Every season is a new story. Season 1 was around a haunted murder house, 2 an asylum in the 60s, 3 a witches coven in modern New Orleans, 4 a freak show in 50s Florida etc.

The actors stay the same across seasons for the most part, they just play different characters. There is a bit of overlap between seasons with old characters having cameos in latter seasons.

It's not the best thing ever but you can find a lot worse to watch.

Every season is a new story. Season 1 was around a haunted murder house, 2 an asylum in the 60s, 3 a witches coven in modern New Orleans, 4 a freak show in 50s Florida etc.

The actors stay the same across seasons for the most part, they just play different characters. There is a bit of overlap between seasons with old characters having cameos in latter seasons.

It's not the best thing ever but you can find a lot worse to watch.
I've heard enough things about it where I'm piqued to watch it and give it a shot.

It always pained me a little bit that every season started so strongly, and then seemed to tail a bit at the end...

Mind you, the title sequences for every season have been awesome. Really f***ing spooky...

I preferred the election series to Roanoke. I've watched the first two eps of this series, looking forward to when they have more interaction with the outside world.

Great show.

The hotel and last years series are shit mind.
I didnt mind hotel, thought cathy bates was good in it and you did get to see Gaga being rattled senseless in the bathtub

Not watched it since season 4, will I be able to watch and understand this if its going back to previous things whats happened
yes they are still stand alone series although slightly connected

Roanoke was class.
I enjoyed Roanoke as well. Thought it was really well done. I enjoyed the first 1 and the start of the second (didn't like the way it ended). The covern one was shit. The hotel and freek show ones were good ideas but then just seemed to drag on. Last season was poor. Enjoyed the first episode of this one, hopefully a return to form.

Just started watching this from the beginning yesterday. I love Tim Minear's work (Angel, Firefly, Serenity, Dollhouse, Terriers, Wonderfalls) but I've been waiting for ages to have an appropriate gap in my TV watching schedule for this.

Just at the start of season 2. Enjoying it so far but by 'eck is it hard to watch sometimes. Considerably more gory and less funny than the stuff I know him for.

Seasons 1 and 2 were my favourite. Giving season 8 a go.

Seasons 1 and 2 were my favourite. Giving season 8 a go.
Loving the end of the world theme already. I'm guessing it's going to get much stranger than it already is.

Last edited:
I stopped watching about half way through the freak show series. Just got really bored with it. Might give the more recent series' a go if its back to its early form

Back