American Gods

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've watched three episodes, no idea what's going on but at least it's trying to do something different.
Will watch further.

Spolier alert.......

The opening viking scene sets the show up. They made a wooden statue of Odin and give him a blood sacrifice. Invoked him and brought him to America ages ago. Hence he is one of the old gods. Notice the right eye? Same as the wooden doll.

There's loads of different gods old, new, nordic, persian etc. Looks like there's going to be a conflict between them sides will be chosen. Where Shadow comes in I haven't figured out yet. Might have something to do with the dead wife back to life because of the leprechauns gold coin. Gillian Anderson god is hot as fuck. Leprechaun and the Russian Thor are class too. Black vagina man eater is scary :lol:.

Love its esoteric slant on storytelling...

Spolier alert.......

The opening viking scene sets the show up. They made a wooden statue of Odin and give him a blood sacrifice. Invoked him and brought him to America ages ago. Hence he is one of the old gods. Notice the right eye? Same as the wooden doll.

There's loads of different gods old, new, nordic, persian etc. Looks like there's going to be a conflict between them sides will be chosen. Where Shadow comes in I haven't figured out yet. Might have something to do with the dead wife back to life because of the leprechauns gold coin. Gillian Anderson god is hot as fuck. Leprechaun and the Russian Thor are class too. Black vagina man eater is scary :lol:.

I read the book and didn't rate it. I'm astonished it made it to TV.

I read the book and didn't rate it. I'm astonished it made it to TV.
Heard a few people say that. Maybe a visual medium suits it better, it's certainly fascinating. The leprechaun is hilarious. 7' brick shit house with a mouth that would make a docker blush.:lol:

Spolier alert.......

Thor'd

I can't decide if I like it or not. Some great scenes/shots in it.
The tripod taxi driver and the gay sex was a bit too much like.

I really enjoyed the finale. It's got me looking forward to the second season. I'd have liked a few more episodes as well but just because I've enjoyed it so much so far

Did seem to be cut off mid flow like. Sweeney's a class character, didn't realise it was Liev Shreiber's brother.

But aye, topper series all in all. Lovejoy on top form as per.

Working through this now, very tarantinoesque. I like it and Emily Browning has something about her, might be the baseball arms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back