Amazone Prime Day

Nah. Japanese Waterstones are much better than the cheap ones. Last longer and make a much better job.

Ok chef :lol:
Like I said, false economy, unless you sharpen knives every day (like me) then a basic wet stone is all you require, make me laugh, it’s like these jokers hat go out and buy £300 global knives when their skill set is basic.

Ok chef :lol:
Like I said, false economy, unless you sharpen knives every day (like me) then a basic wet stone is all you require, make me laugh, it’s like these jokers hat go out and buy £300 global knives when their skill set is basic.
I have global knives and have a jap water stone which cost about £30. Had a cheapo one and it was shite. Watch any chef doing sharpening demos online or speak to any decent chef and they will agree. You’ll do yours every day as you work in the Toby iirc.

Is it automatically that price with a student account or where do you get the code from?

I used the code 'STUDENT15' (for £15 off a £60 spend) for some reason Amazon still classed the sale as being over £60, so i was able to use the code. I've got a student account though (I'm no longer a student)

Student code didn't work for me (normal account) but £34.99 still a good price so bought it anyway.
My neice has a student code so she's trying it. But your right still a good price, we need 2 so if we can get one at student price it's better than nothing

I used the code 'STUDENT15' (for £15 off a £60 spend) for some reason Amazon still classed the sale as being over £60, so i was able to use the code. I've got a student account though (I'm no longer a student)

Didn't work as took the £15 off but when it took her to checkout the code didn't work , any ideas?

Last edited:
Hisense are a very good brand and are selling at a loss / heavy promotion to get foot in the Europe and USA market.

for a 4k tv you need em bright , prefer to pay a bit more for good gaming lag and more nits

Pros
  • Nice design
  • Clean operating system
  • Excellent lighting uniformity
Cons
  • Exaggerated and unsubtle HDR performance
  • Only 450 nits peak brightness

Now we’re on to the N range. The Hisense H50N6800 is a 50-inch TV offering 4K and HDR for under £750. Is there a catch? The N6800 can’t compete with premium TVs in brightness and saturation, but it does a great job with contrast and lighting uniformity.

Echo is great price at 59.99, just got one. Had a dot since Christmas and they’re a bit tinny when up loud.

Been checking gumtree etc but they’re rarely much cheaper than normal price.

I have global knives and have a jap water stone which cost about £30. Had a cheapo one and it was shite. Watch any chef doing sharpening demos online or speak to any decent chef and they will agree. You’ll do yours every day as you work in the Toby iirc.

Toby :lol::lol::lol::lol:
You have no idea where I work as I never have nor ever will mention it on here. Imagine the faux trip advisors, the haggis was overlooked aye gtf.
Globals, mugged off mate, living off the name. Commonly known as the knife of a wannabee chef, do you have whites with yer name on too

Back