Amazon Prime Day

Are the new lor better. I used to hate the old plastic lor ones
Yeah. I tend to go for the stronger Ristretto (11) ones and flavour wise they are good. Not had any issues with the capsules. There was one make I tried where the capsules just crumpled and half got wasted, think it might have been Taylors of Harrogate.

I ordered some, they came yesterday, not tried any yet but they look identical to the ones aldi knock out and they're ok
They are my back up brand so if Amazon is comparable in quality and cheaper I'll give them a bash.

Edit. I did notice the last batch of Aldi ones weren't as good, hopefully just a one off.

Last edited:
Yeah. I tend to go for the stronger Ristretto (11) ones and flavour wise they are good. Not had any issues with the capsules. There was one make I tried where the capsules just crumpled and half got wasted, think it might have been Taylors of Harrogate.

They are my back up brand so if Amazon is comparable in quality and cheaper I'll give them a bash.

Edit. I did notice the last batch of Aldi ones weren't as good, hopefully just a one off.

Those amazon pods are canny, just having a cuppa now. I'd say on a par if not better than aldi. I always use 2 pods , just over a fiver for 100 pods is excellent value.

Café Nero are doing capsules now. B haven't tried them yet though.
Noticed asda sell the costa ones too, but they're 2.50 for 10

Those amazon pods are canny, just having a cuppa now. I'd say on a par if not better than aldi. I always use 2 pods , just over a fiver for 100 pods is excellent value.

Noticed asda sell the costa ones too, but they're 2.50 for 10

The Nero ones are 3.30 for 10. I like their coffee but I'm guessing it won't be as nice as in store.

Back