Amazon delivery

Have just taken delivery of a package (large book size) from the most ignorant and obnoxious delivery driver I’ve ever come across.
As I was handed the package it was evident that one end was open (there was more than a book in the expected package) I asked the lad if there was some way of recording that I was taking delivery but would like him to record that the package was open on delivery as I was unsure of the contents, he went off on one, “I haven’t got time to stand here, I’m self employed, do you want me to take it back, f**k off go and do one “accompanied with a one fingered gesture over his shoulder .
Flabbergasted would be an understatement.
snowflake alert.

I would contact amazon customer services.

We have so many deliveries, and accept stuff for neighbours, that I couldn’t find one item last week.

Amazon have refunded me, I have since found the item and informed them but they have honoured the credit to my account.

patter like that is why he gave you the finger.
I never used any untoward language, I was as civil as I could be , but you’ll find that funny and something to poke fun at won’t you or at the very least make some witty remark in an attempt to impress .

They get paid very poorly and have hundreds of delivery to make. Doesn't excuse his attitude but he's really up against it. Amazon should be forced to pay people properly and pay their f***ing taxes

What he gets paid isn't the point. He chose to do what he is doing, and if he wants to be able to keep doing it he needs to change his attitude (the latter at least we agree on)...

What he gets paid isn't the point. He chose to do what he is doing, and if he wants to be able to keep doing it he needs to change his attitude (the latter at least we agree on)...

We agree on the attitude as well. But a little understanding will help the OP feel a bit better too

Lad I work with told me he claimed even though he got the goods. Told he was a disgrace and a f***ing thief.
There was some sort of game in the package, said hope when bairn logs on the cops will bust the door down and arrest his kid.
He's a mag deserves everything he gets

AND
ITS NICE BE NICE esp to workers under pressure
Think he interrupted you watching neighbours tbh
*The TV program,although...

Last edited:
Amazon systems are mental. I used to have a contract for redelivering box pallets that had gone to the wrong distribution hub. So I’d get a call at night or early hours of the morning to go into the depot near Nissan and take a pallet of parcels down to Leicester / Coventry or wherever they should be. Van would turn up to collect, they would wheel out a cardboard box pallet or two for what should be a simple operation of loading said pallets on van.... But no, they are not allowed to use fork lift trucks in the depots so they would cut the cardboard pallets down the side and an army of staff would arrive to literally hurl several hundred packages as hard as they could into the back of the van while the driver stood on looking bemused as they bounced of the sides and back on the van :lol:

Once they had finished their game of seeing how many surfaces of the van several hundred loose parcels could bounce off, the driver would set off to the correct destination whereupon another army of staff would wheel up an identical box pallet to the one that had been destroyed and clamber into the back of the van to retrieve said parcels and put them back into the same type of box pallet they had hoyed them out of.

Truly mind boggling, what should have been a 5 minute load unload with a fork lift (even a hand held one) was a hour long coconut shy with nobody having any record of how many parcels were loaded at one end and then unloaded at the other :confused:

I suspect some of my drivers did their Xmas shopping on those jobs :lol:

Back