Amazon delivery

They don't get paid for it if they don't "deliver" it, I think. Blame Amazon's disincentive for their drivers to do a decent job rather than the drivers.

Amazon drivers are self employed and work for a fleet owner, such as JHMC logistics. They’re paid a day rate usually between £70-£120 regardless of number of drops. The higher end of the pay scale are required to lease a company van or arrange their own lease. You’re obviously liable for your own tax & NI. The last week I worked for them was the equivalent of £4.80 per hour after taking into account tax and NI liabilities :lol:

I'm thinking about floating an idea to Amazon. Large basketball type nets attached to a chute channeled through housewall. No need for driver to even stop.

Btw the driver sounds like the kind of selfish self-important self-employed wanker this country is built on.

They don't get paid for it if they don't "deliver" it, I think. Blame Amazon's disincentive for their drivers to do a decent job rather than the drivers.
it is pure bad manners of the driver to behave the way he did. he had no right to speak to the customer the way he did. without customers buying goods he would not have a job.

Not quite true, but Amazon will only tolerate a very small percentage of undelivered items - around 3%. If your not in, the driver has to try neighbours, and then come back with it again later and repeat the process at the end of his route. You get to the point where you leave the fuckers anywhere just to get them off your van.

Apparently you can make between £12-£15 per hour doing amazon deliveries

Amazon Flex
I think it depends what depot you are in, but my mate does it on the side (to supplement his income from freelancing and prevent some daytime boredom when most people are at work and he’s no meetings) and loves it. They give him a 2 mile square patch and he gets the whole lot done in about 2 hours.

Theresa has just given a speech saying we are all living in 'the land of milk & honey' and if you don't appreciate it you can feck arf ungrateful bastards!

She also said she'll continue to work for the benefit of all - when did that start then?

They get paid very poorly and have hundreds of delivery to make. Doesn't excuse his attitude but he's really up against it. Amazon should be forced to pay people properly and pay their f***ing taxes
Thats why i don't use them.

I think it depends what depot you are in, but my mate does it on the side (to supplement his income from freelancing and prevent some daytime boredom when most people are at work and he’s no meetings) and loves it. They give him a 2 mile square patch and he gets the whole lot done in about 2 hours.

The flex is mostly the Prime NOW stuff. One of the lads I used to work with at Amazon tried it and reckoned it was a waste of time after fuel etc. Never tried it myself.

I’m not surprised the lad was fuming tbf, they have to deliver a ridiculous amount of packages in a day, especially around Christmas and now he’s got some dafty accusing him of robbing his package.
Where did I say that I accused him, dafty?

The flex is mostly the Prime NOW stuff. One of the lads I used to work with at Amazon tried it and reckoned it was a waste of time after fuel etc. Never tried it myself.
We don’t have Prime Now up here, the Dundee distribution centre is purely a distribution centre, there’s no warehouse as such (it’s in Dunfermline), and they do Next and ASOS orders from there too.

We don’t have Prime Now up here, the Dundee distribution centre is purely a distribution centre, there’s no warehouse as such (it’s in Dunfermline).
Might be canny then if you can get a decent block of work. Thankfully I’ve long since moved onto a much more stable delivery job with a lot less pressure

Eh? I replied to someone else about a delivery left on their doorstep.
yeah I know but it was appearing that you were justifying the drivers actions by saying

"They don't get paid for it if they don't "deliver" it, I think. Blame Amazon's disincentive for their drivers to do a decent job rather than the drivers".

I am not saying amazon or some of the other delivery companies are blame free in all this, but there was no need for the driver to behave the way he did

Bought a present for my daughter last year and they said they'd delivered it, but could I find it?

Six months later I'm emptying the water out of the spare food recycling bin and its sitting at the bottom of about two litres of stagnant muck.

yeah I know but it was appearing that you were justifying the drivers actions by saying

"They don't get paid for it if they don't "deliver" it, I think. Blame Amazon's disincentive for their drivers to do a decent job rather than the drivers".

I am not saying amazon or some of the other delivery companies are blame free in all this, but there was no need for the driver to behave the way he did
I was talking about the parcel left by the door, not the rude driver. You seem to have confused the two.

Back