Amazon and Paypal: Ruining Christmas

Kindle are far from having had their day.
I’m on my second one, the latest models are brilliant in every possible way.

The beauty of Amazon and Kindle books is that you never need waste money on something you find you don’t like after buying it.

You can always download a free sample, maybe a chapter or two, before deciding if you want to buy.
Can't remember books struggling before kindle arrived ?

First off, Amazon have made Kindle the default for books. I have a Kindle, but have bought very few. I more often buy the real thing. This Christmas I wanted to buy three actual books as gifts. All three were auto-sent to my Kindle (two of them at a price considerably more than the equivalent print editions). I cancelled the orders within a minute, but it takes 14 days for the refund to go through. What?

Secondly, Paypal. I hardly ever use them and have no outstanding debts. They just sent me an email entitled: "Settle up!" The first line of text accused me of being Scrooge. The gist was that I should give money through Paypal to friends and relatives this Christmas. Why?

Because they will send the exact same back and you'll both be charged for the transaction.

It's f***ing beautiful man, the most Christmassy thing you'll ever do....

You don’t get charged by PayPal for the transaction if you choose the correct option.

It used to be called PayPal gifting, not sure what it is called these days.

When I worked for a T-shirt printing company we always used to announce loudly in the factory every time our customer services received an email that said we'd ruined Christmas, which was always followed by a massive cheer from the staff.

f***ing t-shirts man. As if a t-shirt could make the difference between a happy Christmas and Christmas being "ruined". :lol:

So many entitled fannies in the world.

Last edited:
When I worked for a T-shirt printing company we always used to announce loudly in the factory every time our customer services received an email that said we'd ruined Christmas, which was always followed by a massive cheer from the staff.

f***ing t-shirts man. As if a t-shirt could make the difference between a happy Christmas and Christmas being "ruined". :lol:

So many entitled fannies in the world.

That attitude has RUINED my Christmas.

Back