Amazon and Paypal: Ruining Christmas

That's what it comes down to. Their founder is the richest man on the planet and they dodge tax at every opportunity. But they're convenient. So in that respect, the £40 they temporarily nicked from my account is my own fault for shopping with them despite my belief that they do more harm than good.

You didn’t choose the right option. Bad user interface? Maybe. Theft? Don’t be daft.

As an aside, I’ve just checked my app and hard copy was still the default on the books I checked.

I'm in Africa. Christmas shopping options are: a) limited to say the least, and b) there's no viable postal system. 'That there internet' should solve the problem. It doesn't because of the greedy bastards that run the dominant companies on it.

Amazingly, most of the people being sodomized by them apparently seem to enjoy it.

I'm with you on this Monty. Pisses me off, stuff like that.

First off, Amazon have made Kindle the default for books. I have a Kindle, but have bought very few. I more often buy the real thing. This Christmas I wanted to buy three actual books as gifts. All three were auto-sent to my Kindle (two of them at a price considerably more than the equivalent print editions). I cancelled the orders within a minute, but it takes 14 days for the refund to go through. What?

Secondly, Paypal. I hardly ever use them and have no outstanding debts. They just sent me an email entitled: "Settle up!" The first line of text accused me of being Scrooge. The gist was that I should give money through Paypal to friends and relatives this Christmas. Why?
Cheers sons crying.

First off, Amazon have made Kindle the default for books. I have a Kindle, but have bought very few. I more often buy the real thing. This Christmas I wanted to buy three actual books as gifts. All three were auto-sent to my Kindle (two of them at a price considerably more than the equivalent print editions). I cancelled the orders within a minute, but it takes 14 days for the refund to go through. What?

Secondly, Paypal. I hardly ever use them and have no outstanding debts. They just sent me an email entitled: "Settle up!" The first line of text accused me of being Scrooge. The gist was that I should give money through Paypal to friends and relatives this Christmas. Why?

I’d have thought that anybody reads as many books as you, would have every room in the house stowed off floor to ceiling by now.

I kna my house would be if I didn’t have a Kindle.
Love it me like, so handy, so convenient, easier to hold and handle.
Tak it to bed with me every night.:D

Never mind marrer, Happy Christmas anyway.

It's ok mate my mother is amazing and thankfully me and my brother have taken after her and are great Dad's.
Still see my Dad and feel sorry for him really he is a weak man. Class your Dad is your hero mate, me and my brother will have that when our kids are older :cool:
cherish the old dear, my mam brought 3 of us up on her own while my "dad" settled down with his new family. i can count on 1 hand the times i have seen him in the last 35 years. my mams thanks for all this, f***ing cancer took her at 59. i want to be the total oposite for my 2 kids, than my dad was to me.

Made my Christmas hassle free
Most of my gifts off amazon including a real book, thought kindles had had their day ?
Even got a refund for some Japanese gin that didn't arrive ( it had )
Used amazon pay the other day for something too
As for PayPal ,made my shopping at Adidas and a clothes store I'd never used before a doddle by checking out through them

i had to close down my amazon account earlier this year after it was hacked. i had loads of books on my kindle that i've lost. 'phoned them loads of times to ask them if i could transfer them over to a new account i had to set up but no joy, bastards. tbh they didn't seem that arsed that my account had unauthorised transactions on and i had to get the bank to sort it.
regarding christmas shopping i've been doing it at proper shops for the last few years. it's much better than just sitting at home clicking away and not that much more expensive. might only pay a quid more for a cd at hmv or a book at waterstones/wh smith but worth it imo.
the only thing i get on the internet is a magazine subscription that you can't really get any other way.

Made my Christmas hassle free
Most of my gifts off amazon including a real book, thought kindles had had their day ?
Even got a refund for some Japanese gin that didn't arrive ( it had )
Used amazon pay the other day for something too
As for PayPal ,made my shopping at Adidas and a clothes store I'd never used before a doddle by checking out through them

Kindle are far from having had their day.
I’m on my second one, the latest models are brilliant in every possible way.

The beauty of Amazon and Kindle books is that you never need waste money on something you find you don’t like after buying it.

You can always download a free sample, maybe a chapter or two, before deciding if you want to buy.

Back