Amazon and Paypal: Ruining Christmas

First off, Amazon have made Kindle the default for books. I have a Kindle, but have bought very few. I more often buy the real thing. This Christmas I wanted to buy three actual books as gifts. All three were auto-sent to my Kindle (two of them at a price considerably more than the equivalent print editions). I cancelled the orders within a minute, but it takes 14 days for the refund to go through. What?

Secondly, Paypal. I hardly ever use them and have no outstanding debts. They just sent me an email entitled: "Settle up!" The first line of text accused me of being Scrooge. The gist was that I should give money through Paypal to friends and relatives this Christmas. Why?
Is the PayPal not a scam? Surprised if they would word an email in that way.

Is the PayPal not a scam? Surprised if they would word an email in that way.

Actual email from the actual company. As well as telling me to 'settle up' and 'don't be a scrooge' it warns me not to be 'on Santa's naughty list'.

I get that they're masking it as humour. But in the end this is a massive company trying to shame its customers into sending cash via Paypal for Christmas. They can fuck off.

They treat their staff like slaves and don't pay their taxes but I can get my Christmas shopping done while having a work shite so I'm okay with it.

That's what it comes down to. Their founder is the richest man on the planet and they dodge tax at every opportunity. But they're convenient. So in that respect, the £40 they temporarily nicked from my account is my own fault for shopping with them despite my belief that they do more harm than good.

Last edited:
I love books. I think the kindle and all the other stuff you can download them on is great but it’s not for me. I’m at the library every other week, I enjoy the whole thing of picking them up, looking at them, deciding which ones to take out. Probably a bit sad I know.
I used to be like that, then I got cracks in my bedroom ceiling because of all the books in my loft.

I'm in Africa. Christmas shopping options are: a) limited to say the least, and b) there's no viable postal system. 'That there internet' should solve the problem. It doesn't because of the greedy bastards that run the dominant companies on it.

Amazingly, most of the people being sodomized by them apparently seem to enjoy it.
Should just send people some cash instead marra. Thought about using PayPal?

Why didn't you buy the print versions?
When buying a book you have the option of print or kindle, and they are different prices.
Don't blame Amazon for your own oversight

Try having a Dad that gets wrecked Christmas Eve, comes in, pisses in his bedroom wardrobe all over my new Master System.

Thankfully it still worked but only lasted six months and stunk of piss till about new year's day.
Might have to charge you for the post, pal. Nice try in attempting to get a free counseling session you cheap fuck.
;)

First off, Amazon have made Kindle the default for books. I have a Kindle, but have bought very few. I more often buy the real thing. This Christmas I wanted to buy three actual books as gifts. All three were auto-sent to my Kindle (two of them at a price considerably more than the equivalent print editions). I cancelled the orders within a minute, but it takes 14 days for the refund to go through. What?

Secondly, Paypal. I hardly ever use them and have no outstanding debts. They just sent me an email entitled: "Settle up!" The first line of text accused me of being Scrooge. The gist was that I should give money through Paypal to friends and relatives this Christmas. Why?

On the former point, I did notice that recently and thought "What a crock". On the second point, is that not a phishing email?

If I can see your credentials mate I'll gladly pay, but I want the new year that he thought the bottom of my bed was a toilet, sat down and almost shit on my legs included.
:eek:

Alright, fucker, you earned yourself a free session.

All joking aside, that's some fucked up shit, pal. Sorry that you had to grow up with that, really. My dad is my hero, my best friend, and the reason why I strive to be the best person I can be. I'm forever grateful for him and I know I'm lucky to have him as my dad. I can only aspire that my son feels an iota of that sentiment towards me. Must have been rough for you:(

I used to take great pride in going to the shops and buying all my presents but this year I have literally spent all evening buying stuff on the internet, amazon one-click, PayPal and Apple Pay on other sites. No idea what I have bought or where it’s getting delivered but all sorted with a few gin and tonics and some nice music on. Embrace it mate, it’s great once you hand them your soul.

:eek:

Alright, fucker, you earned yourself a free session.

All joking aside, that's some fucked up shit, pal. Sorry that you had to grow up with that, really. My dad is my hero, my best friend, and the reason why I strive to be the best person I can be. I'm forever grateful for him and I know I'm lucky to have him as my dad. I can only aspire that my son feels an iota of that sentiment towards me. Must have been rough for you:(
It's ok mate my mother is amazing and thankfully me and my brother have taken after her and are great Dad's.
Still see my Dad and feel sorry for him really he is a weak man. Class your Dad is your hero mate, me and my brother will have that when our kids are older :cool:

Back