Alvaro Morata

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chelsea wanted Lukaku but United nipped in ahead and Man Utd wanted Morata, but Real Madrid didn't want to do biz because United fucked them over De Gea by pretending their fax machine wasn't working so they couldn't transfer him before the summer deadline.

Chelsea wanted Lukaku but United nipped in ahead and Man Utd wanted Morata, but Real Madrid didn't want to do biz because United fucked them over De Gea by pretending their fax machine wasn't working so they couldn't transfer him before the summer deadline.

Who'll get more league goals, Morata or Lukaku?

18 goals from 15 starts in La Liga / CL last season.
That's a great record obviously...he was nowhere near that prolific at Juve though and imo he is not the striker Chelsea need (not that my opinion trumps Conte's like :lol:)

That's a great record obviously...he was nowhere near that prolific at Juve though and imo he is not the striker Chelsea need (not that my opinion trumps Conte's like :lol:)
He's a strange one, his record looks class when you look at the amount of games he's started. Must be a reason why he's never been a regular starter though. His record at Juve was around 1 in 2 for games started but closer to 1 in 4 overall. Started less than half of Real's game last season and the same goes for his time at Juve.

He's not as aggressive as Costa but much better technically and will link up with Hazard/Pedro/Willian better. He will be much less hassle for Chelsea than Costa too who seems to ask to leave/have a strop every transfer window. There's only so long they can put up with that and Conte had seemingly had enough when he sent that text message.

Obviously Lukaku is PL proven but Morata is proven at a higher level in the Champions League, basically carried Juventus to the final (and scored in the final too) in 2015 when they lost in Berlin to Barcelona.

I'm sure the comparisons on who's doing better between Lukaku and Morata will become very tedious eventually, but I think they'll both have good seasons and be a good fit at their new clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back