Alton Towers - too many punters?

We went a few weeks back, Sunday and Monday staying one night at the Alton towers hotel.

We didn’t have many problems with queues tbh, Smiler was the worst, always 1-2 hours, but everything else was under and hour. I got on thirteen and Wickerman in under 30mins. Maybe Sunday & Monday are quieter.

The hotel is ridiculously expensive for what it is, and the food is average at best. The bar in the evening was absolutely rammed too, but the kids really enjoyed staying there and you also get guaranteed entry to the water park, so worth it for the odd occasion, but I doubt I’ll stay again.

I paid 50 notes for vip pass at flamingo land this week, took one look at the queues and thought fuck it.

5 rides so a rip off but pleased I did at the end of the day.......nigh on straight on the rides, nee pissing about.
we had odd number so I ended up on the front of kumali, bloke jumps on next to me and said he assumed I had vip, he waited 1hr 30 minutes man. I almost felt bad 😃
cracking ride that kumali. But the acceleration and first few bends on velocity are some buzz like.

Been to Thorpe park today, got on all the big coasters. Colossus was biggest queue (90mins), due to breakdowns. Walked straight on swarm and stealth at the start of day.
Weather forecast was poor today which may have put attendees off. Missed the worst of the weather thankfully

Back