RTG Alternate colour scheme for the message boards?

As many of you are aware, I am working on upgrading the message boards to the latest version of the Xenforo Forum software that we use and one of the consequences of this is that we have to completely re-work the skin/theme for the site.

My main aim is make minimal changes to how the site looks and feels, so the primary "Skin" will look very much like now. However, with the work being done, this is an opportunity to look at creating a second alternative theme for the board which has been requested by a number of people. So a darker coloured theme, or a plainer one suitable for work environments is under consideration.

Changes will be restricted to colours, so the layout on any alternate theme would remain similar and logos/sponsors/adverts would obviously remain but beyond that I am interested in what people might require or think would be best.

eg. a black and white theme with the colour taken out (not ideal for a Sunderland board IMO) - and if so predominantly dark or light?

a dark theme a bit like this

or something completely different like a plain blue and white Xenforo message board?

or what?

There will only be at most one alternative skin and this isn't a competition or poll, but I do want to sound out alternative ideas.

Can you make sure its not horrible for those of us who're colour blind.

Another vote for a dark theme, all the other apps I use at work are dark so it'll be less obvious I'm not working.

Back