RTG Alternate colour scheme for the message boards?

f***ing THIS!

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Leave it the fuck alone.

This is not Microsoft Office where the twats in charge feel it necessary to fuck around with the tool bars every time there’s an update just because they feel like it. f***ing nerds. I hate them!
It’s an alternative skin, not a rework.

f***ing THIS!

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Leave it the fuck alone.

This is not Microsoft Office where the twats in charge feel it necessary to fuck around with the tool bars every time there’s an update just because they feel like it. f***ing nerds. I hate them!

Did you read my post?

My main aim is make minimal changes to how the site looks and feels, so the primary "Skin" will look very much like now

This is about an alternate skin which various people have been requesting.

The message boards themselves are currently running on an unsupported version of the XF software so it is becoming essential to upgrade whether we like it or not.

There will be changes to the primary look and feel, but as few as is reasonably possible.

A dark theme is a good idea. Makes it better when using your phone in the dark. Twitter has a day and night mode which switches it.
That example was canny.

The plain blue and white forum one looks pants though

As many of you are aware, I am working on upgrading the message boards to the latest version of the Xenforo Forum software that we use and one of the consequences of this is that we have to completely re-work the skin/theme for the site.

My main aim is make minimal changes to how the site looks and feels, so the primary "Skin" will look very much like now. However, with the work being done, this is an opportunity to look at creating a second alternative theme for the board which has been requested by a number of people. So a darker coloured theme, or a plainer one suitable for work environments is under consideration.

Changes will be restricted to colours, so the layout on any alternate theme would remain similar and logos/sponsors/adverts would obviously remain but beyond that I am interested in what people might require or think would be best.

eg. a black and white theme with the colour taken out (not ideal for a Sunderland board IMO) - and if so predominantly dark or light?

a dark theme a bit like this

or something completely different like a plain blue and white Xenforo message board?

or what?

There will only be at most one alternative skin and this isn't a competition or poll, but I do want to sound out alternative ideas.
The this above link just showed the same colours as now, ie a white background, black font, red trim - no change :confused:.

Don't like the look of the xenforo one, looks like the kind of shite that every league one club seems to have masquerading as a forum! A dark version would be canny though, if I'm reading something on the kindle app I change it to night mode when I'm about to go to sleep, a lot easier on the eyes, similar with Twitter, would be good to have the option to do the same here

Back