Alone (US survival reality TV show)

fyl2u

Striker
I was just introduced to this, and I usually absolutely hate reality TV shows, but I'm totally gripped by it.

I started at Season 1 a couple of weeks ago and have nailed through the first three seasons in no time.

Totally engaging, and when you get that final scene when someone's won and their loved one arrives to let them know, it's unexpectedly super-emotional to watch. I've found myself with a massive lump in my throat each time.

Absolutely amazing show.

For those that haven't heard of it, they take 10 survival experts and stick them all somewhere remote, separate from each other, and completely on their own with only 10 select bits of survival gear (knife, tarpaulin, ferro stick (to make sparks for fire), some net, fish hooks, fishing line, and not much else) and some cameras so they can film themselves. Whoever survives out there the longest wins half a million dollars.

As well as hunger, thirst, freezing cold, really challenging weather and the madness of solitude, they also have to deal with local wildlife like bears, cougars and wolves. (The first couple of seasons are on Vancouver Island, where there's a population of 7000 black bears and the greatest density of cougars in the world).

Utterly enthralling to watch how they all deal with the challenges of wilderness life in different ways.

Any other fans on here?

Cougar sounds tasty but I couldn't kill one but I'd eat it's meat if offered, no wonder they are declining.

Taste
Mountain lion has a mild taste, and it's meaty and dense, much like pork loin. Because of its bland flavor, it can absorb any seasoning quite well. You can use the same herbs and spices for chicken, pork, and beef.

Last edited:
What channel is it on in the UK.

No idea. I've been obtaining it through "other" means.
Sounds mint tbf.

Also would it be harsh to suggest it as a UK version but instead of survival experts we use ten of the regular berks who frequent the usual type of reality tv shows over here? ;)

They should use this method for the tory leadership contests, but don't allow them to tap out... just literally wait for 9 of the 10 to die. ;)

Last edited:
I was just introduced to this, and I usually absolutely hate reality TV shows, but I'm totally gripped by it.

I started at Season 1 a couple of weeks ago and have nailed through the first three seasons in no time.

Totally engaging, and when you get that final scene when someone's won and their loved one arrives to let them know, it's unexpectedly super-emotional to watch. I've found myself with a massive lump in my throat each time.

Absolutely amazing show.

For those that haven't heard of it, they take 10 survival experts and stick them all somewhere remote, separate from each other, and completely on their own with only 10 select bits of survival gear (knife, tarpaulin, ferro stick (to make sparks for fire), some net, fish hooks, fishing line, and not much else) and some cameras so they can film themselves. Whoever survives out there the longest wins half a million dollars.

As well as hunger, thirst, freezing cold, really challenging weather and the madness of solitude, they also have to deal with local wildlife like bears, cougars and wolves. (The first couple of seasons are on Vancouver Island, where there's a population of 7000 black bears and the greatest density of cougars in the world).

Utterly enthralling to watch how they all deal with the challenges of wilderness life in different ways.

Any other fans on here?

Aye, I’ve watched it since series six, The Great Slave Lake northern Canada. Got into it after switching to channel by mistake and was immediately hooked!

Got to pretty hardy and mentally prepared for the length of time you spending on your own!

Absolutely amazing show.

Any other fans on here?
Best show on sky tbh. And wicked tuna.

Absolutely amazing show.

Any other fans on here?

Series Nine has started on History Channel.

Alone: Polar Bear Island

I’ve watched it from season 1 and up to season 9 now.

Absolutely love it. The season where the bloke lasted 100 days was about my favourite.

Back