Allan Robinson, RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DrumavilleDave

It's with great sadness that we have to announce that Allan Robinson - former owner of Chalkers Snooker Club, New Mills, and a stalwart member of the branch since 1997 - died today (29/7/11) at the age of just 53.

After battling cancer bravely and with immense dignity for over two years, Allan was transferred to the Ashgate Hospice near Chesterfield on Wednesday and died peacefully in the early hours of this morning.

Deepest condolences go to Allan's son, Andrew; his sister, Sue; the rest of his family and his huge number of friends in the North West, the North East and, indeed, throughout the UK and beyond. He will be sadly missed.

Funeral arrangements will be posted here as soon as they are known.

RIP, Allan.

Very sad news. Deepest condolences to Allan's family. He'll be sadly missed on the bus. Cheers for the beers at Chalkers Allan. RIP.

Such sad news. Allan was a lovely bloke who showed immense courage in the most difficult of circumstances. He will be hugely missed by us all. God bless you Allan. Will raise a glass to you.

Sad news, a lively and usually jolly character to say the least. When you talk about being a passionate supporter of your team I always remember the time he lost his rag with Ann's husband at the Niall Quinn Testimonial, smiling now just thinking about it! God bless & RIP.

Just received this email from Philip Robinson:

Dear All,

I am Allan Robinson’s brother,Philip and would like to convey my thanks for your care & support of Allan during his illness.

Also i would like to thank you all,for the kindness and hospitality shown at his funeral.

You are a great team.

Hopefully Sunderland are going to be this season,they owe it not only to Allan,but to us all.

Again thank you,

Philip Robinson

Thanks Philip. It was our pleasure and privilege to have known Allan. He was a great friend and a massive supporter of the branch and will be sadly missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back