WMS All we ask for is the truth, Sunderland

but where i think it falls down is..
say the current chelsea owner, or current arsenal owner..decide they dont like transparency (the chelsea owners reputation has been nicely laundered in recent times but the arsenal guy....) and they go to sell up..but the only people who want to buy are english people with 2 per cent of their wealth...so famous premier league stars cant get the money they used to and leave..and chelsea go back to having danny ings up front or similar..

do chelsea and arsenal fans still support the fan owned review?

which questionable decision has KLD made?

The rest of football applauds. Football is totally broken by the distorted finances caused by plutocrats and sovereign states. We need an end to the self-perpetuating elite.

Brilliant work yet again from WMS. I find it absolutely bizarre that we have a staff member on here criticising and challenging them when they're trying to question and spark debate regarding who owns our club. Surely every football fan has the right to know the make up of their club's ownership? Not only that but the Madrox bot is able to continue its quest of disinformation and muddying the waters unchecked.
:lol: :lol: :lol:, love it.

but where i think it falls down is..
say the current chelsea owner, or current arsenal owner..decide they dont like transparency (the chelsea owners reputation has been nicely laundered in recent times but the arsenal guy....) and they go to sell up..but the only people who want to buy are english people with 2 per cent of their wealth...so famous premier league stars cant get the money they used to and leave..and chelsea go back to having danny ings up front or similar..

do chelsea and arsenal fans still support the fan owned review?

which questionable decision has KLD made?

You’ve just proved that you’re not a Sunderland if you care about any rich clubs not being able to afford to buy/harvest the best players.
Proper football supporters wants fairness and competition.
I’d happily see the rich clubs owners, and all the frauds in the lower leagues, disappear for good.
Then the fans might just get their game back.
The rest of football applauds. Football is totally broken by the distorted finances caused by plutocrats and sovereign states. We need an end to the self-perpetuating elite.

Spot on.

Without wanting to get drawn back into this morass, there are obviously some red flags in all this. I'd need to see a few more details as only caught up briefly tonight, but I can't understand why the club would try to obfuscate this at all. It would really serve no purpose based on the description in the minutes. We already know the 3 amigos are still shareholders, so unless they collectively hold a significant stake that we have been misled as to the size of, then there seems no reason to do any of this. Annoyingly, it has Charlie's fingerprints all over it.

Last edited:
Without wanting to get drawn back into this morass, there are obviously some red flags in all this. I'd need to see a few more details as only caught up briefly tonight, but I can't understand why the club would try to obfuscate this at all. It would really serve no purpose based on the description in the minutes. We already know the 3 amigos are still shareholders, so unless they collectively hold a significant stake that we have been misled as to the size of, then there seems no reason to do any of this. Annoyingly, it has Charlie's fingerprints all over it.
Welcome back KittenMittens

You don't have to self isolate for 6 months on a message board ya nar.

This. Kyril himself has said he is legally bound so can say no more other than to assure us that in all important ways, he owns a majority and controls everything.

He said he will say more when he can but he can't right now. End of thread really.
If anything it allows the thread to run and run. People are gonna speculate/make things up.

well i agree with you..but fans of chelea man city and newcastle LIKE the plutocrats etc...and the first tewo of those like watching your mahrezs and your kantes...they wont want to go back to football as it was in england..when the best talent went abroad..and instead of kante..chelsea fans got to bring danny drinkwater into the side..

That’s fine but the owners shouldn’t talk about transparency if there isn’t goi g to be any. Fair enough they have an NDA so bit silly talking about openness in communication if you can’t deliver it. Gets people suspicious even if there’s nothing to be suspicious about.
As much as I don’t like WMS and CW pestering KLD repeatedly the real issue is transparency. It’s the only way to stop the tinfoil brigade spreading it all over Twitter and Newcastle fans lapping it up.

You’ve just proved that you’re not a Sunderland if you care about any rich clubs not being able to afford to buy/harvest the best players.
Proper football supporters wants fairness and competition.
I’d happily see the rich clubs owners, and all the frauds in the lower leagues, disappear for good.
Then the fans might just get their game back.

Spot on.
i agree with you..what im saying is..it wont happen because the fans of the rich clubs wont back it when they realise what the consequences are..im sure chelsea fans romanticise the days of cloggers playing at the bridge and a ruck afterwards..but they dont actually want to go back to that

well i agree with you..but fans of chelea man city and newcastle LIKE the plutocrats etc...and the first tewo of those like watching your mahrezs and your kantes...they wont want to go back to football as it was in england..when the best talent went abroad..and instead of kante..chelsea fans got to bring danny drinkwater into the side..

Tough shit on them. The real fans won't mind, just the idiot glory hunters/

there are more of them plastics than there are genuine ones...thats why it wont happen...

The PL want to beef up the test, because of the NUFC fiasco. The Government wants an independent regulator. Fan-led is not the same as fan-decided. Tracey Crouch will make recommendations, and the government will legislate as they see fit. It's improbable that any new test can or will be applied retrospectively.

"Tell us the truth Sunderland" implies we've been lied to? Have we? Or have we just not been told? In my first post I asked if anyone questions that KLD is in charge - no one suggested otherwise. Of course it's clickbait, "KLD is in charge but there is doubt on the exact percentages in the ownership breakdown" just wont get the same clicks, less visitors, less potential advertising. But you know that, of course.
It’s a calculated gamble. If KLD gets this new investor in and it’s good news WMS look silly but can say they were acting on behalf of concerned fans.
If KLD doesn’t show his cards then the circus will continue

The PL want to beef up the test, because of the NUFC fiasco. The Government wants an independent regulator. Fan-led is not the same as fan-decided. Tracey Crouch will make recommendations, and the government will legislate as they see fit. It's improbable that any new test can or will be applied retrospectively.
and do you think politicians will want to legislate to increase transparency on where money comes from?

As much as I don’t like WMS and CW pestering KLD repeatedly the real issue is transparency. It’s the only way to stop the tinfoil brigade spreading it all over Twitter and Newcastle fans lapping it up.

Moving forward on a broad front I agree, as a specific issue within our club it's a lot more "personal". What we're seeing is tantamount to people suggesting KLD is wilfully misleading fans based on precious little evidence. He either has a controlling stake or he doesn't. He has clearly stated he has.

Bit of an odd one where people who have been on the mag thread complaining about who really owns and runs them can come on this thread and say there's nothing to see here.
That depends if you think KLD murders journalists, wages war on Yemen, kills children, executes gay people and leant on a corrupt Tory government to get the takeover done.

I don’t if that helps

Back