All the Star Wars films ranked...

A New Hope would be first for me. Have a huge emotional attachment to that film. Saw it at ABC aged 7 and then endlessly on VHS taped off the telly. The music, landscapes, characters, toys give a huge amount of sentimental nostalgia. Then Empire and Return. None of the others come close but all watchable. Liked the two most recent ones a lot.

What a stupid article. Episode 1 may be a lot of things but dull? Boring? Certainly not. Has probably one of best lightsaber fights in series in it with Maul and the two jedi for starters!
Holiday special was awful too.
Seems the journo was just trying to appear 'cool' to me.

Immature shite for lasses and bairns.

But anyone who thinks there is a better Star Wars fillum than Return of the Jedi is thicker than Jabba the Hutt.

What a stupid article. Episode 1 may be a lot of things but dull? Boring? Certainly not. Has probably one of best lightsaber fights in series in it with Maul and the two jedi for starters!
Its one of the most boring films I've ever seen!

Its one of the most boring films I've ever seen!
I agree. But I also think Rogue One is a bit dull. I enjoyed it at the cinema but have since struggled to endure the full movie on Blu Ray.

I really enjoyed TFA and TLJ. I really, really enjoyed Solo yesterday (that’s not a masturbatory reference before anyone starts).

I agree. But I also think Rogue One is a bit dull. I enjoyed it at the cinema but have since struggled to endure the full movie on Blu Ray.

I really enjoyed TFA and TLJ. I really, really enjoyed Solo yesterday (that’s not a masturbatory reference before anyone starts).
I've haven't seen solo, but really enjoyed Rogue One in the cinema. I haven't seen it (or any of the new ones since. I do remember Rogue One feelibg long, even in the cinema and could have done with 30 minutes more editing. But the phantom menace - I've never been as disappointed with a film in my life. I had zero expectations fir the next two after that. Which is just as well as they were both abysmal.

I've haven't seen solo, but really enjoyed Rogue One in the cinema. I haven't seen it (or any of the new ones since. I do remember Rogue One feelibg long, even in the cinema and could have done with 30 minutes more editing. But the phantom menace - I've never been as disappointed with a film in my life. I had zero expectations fir the next two after that. Which is just as well as they were both abysmal.
I thought III was ok, but I and II are cack.

Trade negotiationzzzz port blockadezzzzz jar jarzzzz boss naszzzzz bongozzzz oh look cgi underwaterzzzz yay tatooine oh midichlorians and a child using the force for its electronic engineering and computercodewriting abilities to build c3po and oh it's now a toy advertzzzzzzz still on the toy advertzzzzz more jarjarzzzz still on the toy advertzzzzz now it's a computer game advertzzzz is that meant to be jabba the hutt? He looks weird, i'm not surezzzz oh the child has won the racezzzzzz no you can't train him but you do anyway because hey what does Yoda know, right? Zzzz back to naboozzzzz ohh ffs he flies space ships toozzzz you say people gonna die?zzzzzzz cgi battle-based toy advertzzzzzz oh look he has a two-ended lightsaber, I guess just laser swords just weren't enough back in these days all those years before the original trilogy but somehow this idea died outzzzz oh cgi fightingzzzzz I have a very particular set of skills and I will hunt you down and oh qui gone jinn and oh bad ninja is dead in the first movie that's nearly disappointingzzzzz oh it's over.

I'm in the middle of re-watching them in chronological order before getting onto the two new disney ones. I've seen them all but with big gaps between and the originals when i was young so didn't get what was going on. I've just finished a new hope. As it has no nostalgic value for me I'd rate it the lowest I've watched so far, it feels so slow for advancing the story, the cgi is woeful (70s I know) and the acting is poor.

So far I'd put them in this order

attack of the clones
revenge of the sith
rogue one
phantom menace
new hope

Back