All along the Watchtower

Oh hark at you. You must get my point though. I don't want an argument but what pre 1918 music do you listen to, regularly ?
Classical, the odd hymn, shanties, folk and blues standards/traditional songs. There's f***ing loads embedded in our heads from childhood. I f***ing love music me. :lol:

Definitely one of the best covers.
I Am A Walrus by Oasis has gotta be up there.
Also Hounds Of Love by The Futureheads.
And any UB40 song from Labour Of Love I and II.
Baby Come Back by Pato Banton just misses out.

All Along The Watchtower is still a great track and on my fav playlist

In the 70's Brian Eno and Keith Jarrett were being influenced by this bloke who composed in the late 19th century. (You might even hear little pieces borrowed by Paul Weller and other contemporary artists.)

Excellent choice. The first cd in the m/c on Sunday morning for decades in Riffraff Castle. There’s a few books been written about him and he was quite a character, try one.

:lol:
It would be perfect with Sting on bass. Not for his playing though.
Oooooh Rad6 controllers won’t like that.

If you disagree call me back when your favourite tracks is 50 years old and I'll give you a hearing.

Marvins version of I Heard It Through The Grapevine was released in..........wait for it wait for it........October 1968, which is immediately a contender for musics greatest month and a shoe in for cover versions greatest month.
Love em both equally.

Last edited:
Have we all lost sight of the OP point ? Name a better cover ....... I can’t. It’s f***ing amazing.
The Electric Ladyland cover was canny ;)

Definitely one of the best covers.
I Am A Walrus by Oasis has gotta be up there.
Also Hounds Of Love by The Futureheads.
And any UB40 song from Labour Of Love I and II.
Baby Come Back by Pato Banton just misses out.
Hope the RAWA are not involved in choosing the stadium music ;)

Last edited:
Chopin ? Do you watch Pinochio every morning too ?
Anyway I'm sure Jimi would have been pleased to be in the same bracket as Chopin.

You genuinely think it’s far fetched I like listening to piano music when I’m reading?

Well fuck me sideways with a Fender Stratocaster.

Back