All along the Watchtower

Ever seen the new series of Battlestar Galactica? It gets a bit surreal when this is a trigger song and one of them says “There must be some kind of a way out a here”, with “Said the joker to the theif” as the reply.

Great song, has been my ring tone the last couple of years.

The best song from the best album ever made.

I know it's only personal opinion...

but the guitar at 2 mins in and then the wah wah....

Music for angels.

If you disagree call me back when your favourite tracks is 50 years old and I'll give you a hearing.
:lol: so every song under 50yrs old is excluded then. That seems an extremely unfair and biased challenge you've set.

:lol: so every song under 50yrs old is excluded then. That seems an extremely unfair and biased challenge you've set.

Sorry, you misunderstand. I'm trying to explain my personal musical perspective in the context of this thread. I fully expect other people to disagree with me. I'm just asking that they take 50 years to consider the matter. If Champagne Supernova or Agadoo (for example) still floats your boat after 50 years then I think it's an opinion worth considering in this particular context.

I have bits of Vivaldi in the "over 300 years old category" - you may have a different artist. Personal perspective only.

There's only one Jimi...
There's neen mate. He's deed.

:lol:
To be fair though there's still a canny selection to choose from. He'll have popped his clogs by the time we get to the late 70s n all so we can't rub his snout in it. :lol:

Last edited:
All Along The Watchtower is still a great track and on my fav playlist

In the 70's Brian Eno and Keith Jarrett were being influenced by this bloke who composed in the late 19th century. (You might even hear little pieces borrowed by Paul Weller and other contemporary artists.)

Back