Alienware Gaming Laptop

after a bit more research, Im now heavily leaning towards the following:

Lenovo Legion 5 pro
Ryzen 5800
rtx 3070
16gb Ram

Currys have it at 1599 but I've got my fingers crossed for a black friday deal.

Anybody got one?

Lenovo Legion 5 pro
Ryzen 5800
rtx 3070
16gb Ram

Anybody got one?
I’ve just ordered a Legion 7 from Argos. £400 more but 3080 (16gb) - think it’s a good deal…..

Lenovo Legion 5 pro
Ryzen 5800
rtx 3070
16gb Ram

Anybody got one?

I've got one. Would highly recommend by far the best laptop for gaming per pound out there atm and there's not really anything better unless you want to go into stupid money.

Highly doubt there'll be any Black Friday deals though, there's been massive delays on Lenovo due to the chip shortages and graphics cards because of bitcoin miners and that's quite cheap as it is. Lenovo might have have a fake sale though but it's currently way overpriced so it'll just be 'normal' price.

I've got one. Would highly recommend by far the best laptop for gaming per pound out there atm and there's not really anything better unless you want to go into stupid money.

Highly doubt there'll be any Black Friday deals though, there's been massive delays on Lenovo due to the chip shortages and graphics cards because of bitcoin miners and that's quite cheap as it is. Lenovo might have have a fake sale though but it's currently way overpriced so it'll just be 'normal' price.
thanks that's really helpful. I keep trying to justify the price, but then I think how much a MacBook pro costs and immediately feel better.

I see currys have them so i was hoping they may do something on Friday

thanks that's really helpful. I keep trying to justify the price, but then I think how much a MacBook pro costs and immediately feel better.

I see currys have them so i was hoping they may do something on Friday

No worries, btw if you do choose Lenovo, if they do a good offer, be warned they can take months to come whereas the Curry's one will come straight away. You can get student discount on top of their offers (currently 10%) if you know anyone though with Lenovo.

I always think if you pay a bit more, it lasts longer so over time it's not too different. Could buy a £700 laptop but it'd be a dud in a couple years with work so what's the point.

Ive come across the Acer Predator Triton 300 that has very similar specs, and looks very good value, although the 16'' screen on the Legion 5 pro looks and sounds brilliant.

Ive come across the Acer Predator Triton 300 that has very similar specs, and looks very good value, although the 16'' screen on the Legion 5 pro looks and sounds brilliant.
Wouldn't touch acer mind they're shite

Lenovo Legion 5 pro
Ryzen 5800
rtx 3070
16gb Ram

Anybody got one?
Very similar spec to the omen we got the bairn. Would take a HP over Lenovo mind

Last edited:
Haha, sorry pal. Think you’ve made the right choice though - enjoy!
Well for the performance it looks to have - fs2020 at 50fps on ultra- for example, and the fact i can add to the ram and ssd, coupled with the better design than the 5, and rgb, better speakers etc, it should well be worth it. That full power 3080 should do me for a while 🤣

Get Civ 6, normal life will be over.
For sure it will go on my list:

Fs2020
Hell let loose
Rdr2
Teardown
F12021
Uboat

Well after a couple sessions gaming i have to say i am amazed at the performance of the legion 7

50 odd fps on flight sim on ultra is stunning
High fps for sea of thieves on full, which is also a pretty game

Going away to work sunday so i need a solo offline game to get stuck into

Well after a couple sessions gaming i have to say i am amazed at the performance of the legion 7

50 odd fps on flight sim on ultra is stunning
High fps for sea of thieves on full, which is also a pretty game

Going away to work sunday so i need a solo offline game to get stuck into
I've sunk days into civ 6, love it if you're into that type of game

Back