Aliens Fireteam

Scheduled for Summer this year. Looks canny so far, just hoping its not as bad as some of the earlier efforts. Mind was wojdering why games werent developed from great films of the past as audience built in, think it may be rights issue, however this and Terminator game out this year.

Scheduled for Summer this year. Looks canny so far, just hoping its not as bad as some of the earlier efforts. Mind was wojdering why games werent developed from great films of the past as audience built in, think it may be rights issue, however this and Terminator game out this year.

hope it’s not another colonial marines botch job

hope it’s not another colonial marines botch job
All the reviews mention this but they're more positive so far. We'll see once released. Love to see this lead to more film titles as theres so much there to use, Robocop, Predator, Conan, Terminator, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Etc etc....

I'm really looking for an FPS game where you are continuously developing your character.

But not Destiny or Warframe!

Could this or any other upcoming games hit the spot?

Mind was wojdering why games werent developed from great films of the past as audience built in, think it may be rights issue, however this and Terminator game out this year.

probably because they're almost always absolute shit. since consoles began i can only think of a handful of decent movie conversions

probably because they're almost always absolute shit. since consoles began i can only think of a handful of decent movie conversions
That's down to game designers though. The storey characters and universe is set up all they really need to do is have controlable set pieces from the films really.

That's down to game designers though. The storey characters and universe is set up all they really need to do is have controlable set pieces from the films really.
true but there's a few things working against them..

in no particular order i guess there's a huge cost licensing it, so a really good team might be better off designing something good themselves rather than saddling huge costs on top of making the game

a bad team might think if we use the name we can botch the game, and we've seen that a million times

the more fans already there, the more expectation, the more disappointment. same as when a film is made out of a really good book

probably alot of extra work weaving in existing canon rather than just being able to bodge it, time better spent on making the game great

i still remain hopeful this will be mint, but... experience has taught us any game based on an existing franchise is so often gash. hope im wrong

true but there's a few things working against them..

in no particular order i guess there's a huge cost licensing it, so a really good team might be better off designing something good themselves rather than saddling huge costs on top of making the game

a bad team might think if we use the name we can botch the game, and we've seen that a million times

the more fans already there, the more expectation, the more disappointment. same as when a film is made out of a really good book

probably alot of extra work weaving in existing canon rather than just being able to bodge it, time better spent on making the game great

i still remain hopeful this will be mint, but... experience has taught us any game based on an existing franchise is so often gash. hope im wrong
Licence may nit be issue any longer as lots of studios have interests in gaming now a days. They usually develop games in partnership with studio... see lucasfilm and recent star wars game. There's as many solutions as there are problems imo

The other major issue they have is timing. Movie studios want the game out when the film is out and that doesn't leave a lot of time to get the job done to a high standard. Look at N64 Goldeneye, it came out years after the film.

It looks allot like another game that was out recently called Get the FK out, made by the same people who did pay day iirc. It was a 4 player co op and graphically it was stunning. The atmosphere on it was awesome. But the actual game play was garbage. You barely got any ammo and were encouraged to be stealthy and avoid fights, But then if you agrod the aliens you didn't have enough ammo to fight them.

👍

Back