Alien Life introducing themselves

James Webb telescope is due for launch this October. Should be some spectacular shots from that all being well. Can't wait. It's been delayed loads of times and gone massively over budget but hopefully be worth it.

I believe so. Different laws of physics in other universes or the ability/technology to bend time in theory could overcome the travel distances imo.
it is possible that there are universes that exist in a spiritual context only, so such life could travel where it wanted without any technology whatsoever. We only build machines because we are dumb...well compared to them we are.

Sleep well :eek:
I think the biggest concern (to ‘those who run the system’, whoever they are) would be the impact it would have on pretty much every religion on the planet.
Religous terrorists groups would dig their heels in even more, as their energy comes from being challenged. Then again, I expect them not to put up much of a fight against a 5 metre tall green bloke who can vapourise whole planets by farting :D

Last edited:
it is possible that there are universes that exist in a spiritual context only, so such life could travel where it wanted without any technology whatsoever. We only build machines because we are dumb...well compared to them we are.

Sleep well :eek:

Religous terrorists groups would dig their heels in even more, as their energy comes from being challenged. Then again, I expect them not to put up much of a fight against a 5 metre tall green bloke who can vapourise whole planets by farting :D
Ah might not be 5 meters tall, but after a session I am green. Session including a Madras, my farts are lethal 👍

Whats the craic with this? More powerful than hubble?

Aye, different spectrums and like looking in 4k compared to 90s tellies. Some of the details of the effort that's gone into the work on it are unreal. It's not going to be in orbit so won't be able to do any repairs if anything goes wrong as I understand so they've got to get it right and have been testing it ridiculously. Really hope it works out and can't wait to see what it can see.

There's an estimated 40 billion Earth like planets orbiting stars within the Milky Way. I think it's almost beyond doubt other life exists or has existed.

The Fermi Paradox is interesting along with the kardashev scale.

Last edited:
There's an estimated 40 billion Earth like planets orbiting stars within the Milky Way. I think it's almost beyond doubt other life exists or has existed.

Just had a quick google as never heard of those. Love that kind of stuff.

Who was it who said - something along the lines of.

If we are the only species in the universe that's is a scary thought

If there are others out there in the universe that is a scary thought.

Unless of course I've just made this up, then please ignore me 😀

Who was it who said - something along the lines of.

If we are the only species in the universe that's is a scary thought

If there are others out there in the universe that is a scary thought.

Unless of course I've just made this up, then please ignore me 😀

I've no idea haha. But it sounds good. Is it better to be alone or to think that we are alone?

Kurzgesagt is a cracking little channel on YouTube if anyone is interested in all things science.

Back