Alexa in the car

Is it any different from Siri through CarPlay?

How does it work?

If it's anything like Siri it'll be hapless.

"Sorry, there was a problem with the app"

"Sorry, there was a problem with the internet connection"

"Still waiting"

"Working on it"

:rolleyes:

My mate @timharding had it in its BETA version.

Seemed to work well, assuming it links via your phone to all your Alexa apps so Spotify etc.

The data part is relative to what you do I assume. Watching back to back blueys on your infotainment display will probably rinse it.
Is it any different from Siri through CarPlay?

How does it work?

If it's anything like Siri it'll be hapless.

"Sorry, there was a problem with the app"

"Sorry, there was a problem with the internet connection"

"Still waiting"

"Working on it"

:rolleyes:
So in summary, you’ve no idea. Not everyone has Car Play and it is better than Siri.

Last edited:

Seemed to work well, assuming it links via your phone to all your Alexa apps so Spotify etc.

The data part is relative to what you do I assume. Watching back to back blueys on your infotainment display will probably rinse it.

So in summary, you’ve no idea. Not everyone has Car Play and it is better than Siri.

Well that was needlessly aggressive, Goatse.

Someone shit in your bacon roll?

exactly as @Goat Eyes says

connect via two methods

either by direct cable or via bluetooth

exactly the same as an echo dot at home

data depends on what your doing etc

one thing is, if your sat nav or car is voice controls - ie for phone calls can be weird and cause conflicts on which device it goes though for calls etc

had one in my basket on prime day the thought I dont really actually need this in any way shape or form and deleted it.
I wish I'd done that with quite a few devices I've bought over the years. Including two Google speakers that I was convinced I needed but in actual fact I didn't need them. As a result they don't get used.

I wish I'd done that with quite a few devices I've bought over the years. Including two Google speakers that I was convinced I needed but in actual fact I didn't need them. As a result they don't get used.
believe me I've an awful lot of shite around the house that I don't need! this new found sensibility has been long needed!

My mate asked why I always talked quietly.

I told him it it was because I didn't want corporations spying on me.

He laughed, I laughed, Alexa laughed...

CarPlay is fantastic like. It’s as though Apple finally realised they probably can’t build a car as well as car makers and car makers realised they’ll not be able to make integrated software for smartphones better than Apple or Android. Why it took so long is a mystery.

CarPlay is fantastic like. It’s as though Apple finally realised they probably can’t build a car as well as car makers and car makers realised they’ll not be able to make integrated software for smartphones better than Apple or Android. Why it took so long is a mystery.

If Siri could control aspects of the car that would help. Mercedes own assistant can. Like changing the air con or something via voice.

If Siri could control aspects of the car that would help. Mercedes own assistant can. Like changing the air con or something via voice.
That’d be possible with Alexa, car manufacturers would just need to build the skill. Not sure if you can do that with Siri tho.

Back