Alexa/Amazon music help

Single eligible Echo device. Amazon are limiting it to their own devices.

Nowt to do with Apple, wouldn’t work on Android either.
Tells you plain as day on the link.

Very likely the problem, but we have a family Amazon Music subscription and my daughter is unable to "cast" to the Echo/Alexa from her iPhone. It just won't play ball. I have zero issues with my Android phone.

Im just a £3.99 a month fella for music, none of this prime stuff. Have tried what it said but still comes up with only able to play on echo device

It's got nothing to do with your iphone as i have one and play my amazon playlists no problem....However i pay £7.99 per month which allows me to play it on any device, your package price is for one device, the echo dot......That's your problem!

Very likely the problem, but we have a family Amazon Music subscription and my daughter is unable to "cast" to the Echo/Alexa from her iPhone. It just won't play ball. I have zero issues with my Android phone.
I'm sure we can get to the bottom of it if given all the facts. I have zero issues casting from my iPhone to my Echo devices whether using Amazon Music, Spotify or Apple Music.
Your problem is Apple want to rinse every single penny out of you themselves and won't play ball with any other company or any generic equipment. Buy a proper phone is my best advice.

Alternatively, do what they want to force you to do and buy Apple Music.
I'm assuming a public apology will be forthcoming for this shockingly incorrect advice. ;)
The OP is trying to live up to the Scottish stereotype by only paying £3.99 to stream his music. He's not going to lash out money on a new phone he doesn't need.:lol:

Last edited:
From what I can decipher it’s just the deal with Amazon not Apple, only playable on Alexa and firesticks. Not that fussed it was just something for the gym but would have been decent if it had worked
I thought I only had the basic package but actually I do have Prime.
Do you use Amazon much for deliveries? The reason I have Prime is that for £7.99 a month I'd prob spend more than that on delivery charges anyway and if you're spending 4 quid on that music package already, if you spend 4 quid a month on Amazon deliveries it is dearer than having Prime, plus you get the TV etc too. I use it a fair bit like, getting my food shopping dropped off today.

To be honest I rarely use Alexa or Amazon music, more owa lass listening to her bang bang shit which is just noise to me.

might look at upgrading to primer as I wouldn’t mind a playlist fir the gym, but only if I can listen to it on me ayephone.
I'm sure we can get to the bottom of it if given all the facts. I have zero issues casting from my iPhone to my Echo devices whether using Amazon Music, Spotify or Apple Music.

I'm assuming a public apology will be forthcoming for this shockingly incorrect advice. ;)
The OP is trying to live up to the Scottish stereotype by only paying £3.99 to stream his music. He's not going to lash out money on a new phone he doesn't need.:lol:

knaa’s👍

Is this the song you're looking for @Wearside Wanderer II?

this is playing non stop in my car radio cassette player 😉

Last edited:

Back