Alex Lees

Would of gave him the red ball duties as well.
Agree and see if Borthwick's batting reverts to previous high standards if relieved of the burden of captaincy. I wouldn''t be too critical of his captaincy ,however, as we don't know how much influence Franklin had on his decision making.

Last edited:
To be honest I'm surprised he took this role, he and Raine have turned down any offers of captaincy perhaps he thinks his international career is over.

There seems to be a revolving door policy with test openers. They try one and ditch them when they fail then look at somebody else.

Maybe Lees is of the same opinion and has accepted that it may be at least a long time before he gets another chance.

I suspect if the selectors finally run out of patience with Crawley they may go back to Rory Burns.

There seems to be a revolving door policy with test openers. They try one and ditch them when they fail then look at somebody else.

Maybe Lees is of the same opinion and has accepted that it may be at least a long time before he gets another chance.

I suspect if the selectors finally run out of patience with Crawley they may go back to Rory Burns.
I think there more likely to fit in one of the middle order batsmen than go back to the likes of Lees and Burns.
He was in the Lions squad recently and did well and Basball style so perhaps he's still in the radar.
With a different coach maybe Raine would reconsider the captaincy.
Huge season for Borthwick he has looked a shadow of the player he was in his first stint at the club.

Last edited:

Back