Alex Hales to play only white ball cricket

Can see why players are doing it (£££) when they have probably been told they wont be involved in test games going forward so looking to make a good bit of money while they can

Wouldn't be surprised to see Mark Wood do the same.
I think he's unofficially down that path with him being awarded only a white ball central contract. That's FTECB virtually saying don't consider him a realistic test candidate and IPL commitment prevents him playing in the 1st half of the CC programme and giving his fragility can't see them allowing him to play in 2nd half.

So much ridiculous attention on the recent contracts by Rashid and Hales, like its the end of test cricket

Neither are remotely good enough for test cricket, and have been told they aren't near the side.

Good luck to them, they have made the right decision.

So much ridiculous attention on the recent contracts by Rashid and Hales, like its the end of test cricket

Neither are remotely good enough for test cricket, and have been told they aren't near the side.

Good luck to them, they have made the right decision.
Neither are remotely good enough.

Can't agree with that statement. Who knows if they are good enough without they getting a chance to play?

Ballance and Vince have had numerous chances yet fail in the same manner time and again.

Nobody who hits a ball like Hales in both one day and championship cricket, does not fit your example of not being remotely good enough.

Neither are remotely good enough.

Can't agree with that statement. Who knows if they are good enough without they getting a chance to play?

Ballance and Vince have had numerous chances yet fail in the same manner time and again.

Nobody who hits a ball like Hales in both one day and championship cricket, does not fit your example of not being remotely good enough.

Ballance has had some success, he has scored 4 test 100s like, and averged 100 in the championship

Rashid isn't a test cricketer like, think he has made the right decision.

Ballance has had some success, he has scored 4 test 100s like, and averged 100 in the championship

Rashid isn't a test cricketer like, think he has made the right decision.
Right, I'll give you that. Has Hales been given an opportunity like Ballance, who since those innings has got out in identical fashions since and was taken to Australia for no point whatsoever, despite the team losing, he did not play a test?

As for Rashid, he has played one series in India, against the best players of spin in the world.

Again not given a chance against other teams

Right, I'll give you that. Has Hales been given an opportunity like Ballance, who since those innings has got out in identical fashions since and was taken to Australia for no point whatsoever, despite the team losing, he did not play a test?

As for Rashid, he has played one series in India, against the best players of spin in the world.

Again not given a chance against other teams

I don't think he is up for it Rashid mentally, which is half the battle, he was a bit lucky to get so many chances after he pulled out of the Ashes test that time.

Hales, maybe, too many weaknesses for me, Ballance earned his call up,he was by far the best batsman in county cricket last year, not his fault they played him at 3, he is certainly a better 4 day player than Hales.

I don't think he is up for it Rashid mentally, which is half the battle, he was a bit lucky to get so many chances after he pulled out of the Ashes test that time.

Hales, maybe, too many weaknesses for me, Ballance earned his call up,he was by far the best batsman in county cricket last year, not his fault they played him at 3, he is certainly a better 4 day player than Hales.

What chances has Rashid had to play games v s Africa, New Zealand, windies and Australia?

Hales has weaknesses

Ballance has a clear weakness, which has got him out everytime he is selected for a test game.

It was that weakness which saw him not selected in a losing ashes series.

Look at Ballance in the recent saffers series. They took him everytime to the same dismissal. They did it to Jennings as well but he was dropped, likely to never play a test again.

Hales has simply not been given an opportunity in a test match to demonstrate his talent, which he showed last summer in both red and white ball cricket.

He scored double hundreds, he scored a record in the fifty over final, which was a game all the greats of tests played in, but didn't achieve what Hales did.

What chances has Rashid had to play games v s Africa, New Zealand, windies and Australia?

Hales has weaknesses

Ballance has a clear weakness, which has got him out everytime he is selected for a test game.

It was that weakness which saw him not selected in a losing ashes series.

Look at Ballance in the recent saffers series. They took him everytime to the same dismissal. They did it to Jennings as well but he was dropped, likely to never play a test again.

Hales has simply not been given an opportunity in a test match to demonstrate his talent, which he showed last summer in both red and white ball cricket.

He scored double hundreds, he scored a record in the fifty over final, which was a game all the greats of tests played in, but didn't achieve what Hales did.

Hales is a one day opener, he isn't as good a 4 day player as Ballance, their careers clearly show that

Infact Hales might be about to lose his one day place in NZ

I like Hales, but the constant criticism of Ballance becomes tiresome.

Hales had a chance, and was poor, if he wants to get recalled, like Ballance did, then average 100 in division one of the county championship

Not sure why so many people question his recall, that is how you get recalled, have the best record in the division by a mile, just like Bairstow did a few years before.

Hales is a one day opener, he isn't as good a 4 day player as Ballance, their careers clearly show that

Infact Hales might be about to lose his one day place in NZ

I like Hales, but the constant criticism of Ballance becomes tiresome.

Hales had a chance, and was poor, if he wants to get recalled, like Ballance did, then average 100 in division one of the county championship

Not sure why so many people question his recall, that is how you get recalled, have the best record in the division by a mile, just like Bairstow did a few years before.
Missing the point. He got the recall and performed no differently than he did prior to being dropped.

Hales has simply not been give that chance.

Vince played, was dropped due to repetive dismissals to the slips, was recalled and lo and behold, he gets out time and again in the slips.

Why has Hales not been given an opportunity?

What chance did Hales have in comparison to Vince and Ballance?

Missing the point. He got the recall and performed no differently than he did prior to being dropped.

Hales has simply not been give that chance.

Vince played, was dropped due to repetive dismissals to the slips, was recalled and lo and behold, he gets out time and again in the slips.

Why has Hales not been given an opportunity?

What chance did Hales have in comparison to Vince and Ballance?

Yeah fine, so he got dropped again, but he earned his recall.

I just told you Hales did not average 100 inthe first divsion like Ballance, that is why he wasn't recalled, and Ballance was

It is pretty clear like :confused:

Why you are putting Ballance in with Vince I have no idea, he averaged like 65 more than Vince last year at point of recall

Yeah fine, so he got dropped again, but he earned his recall.

I just told you Hales did not average 100 inthe first divsion like Ballance, that is why he wasn't recalled, and Ballance was

It is pretty clear like :confused:

Why you are putting Ballance in with Vince I have no idea, he averaged like 65 more than Vince last year at point of recall
Ballance and Vince play in position Hales could have succeeded in, given the opportunity. Not rocket science

You go on re Ballance, his recall v s Africa was a total write off, dismissed in the same manner, everytime. he was taken to Australia, played no games, despite the batting order failing clearly in every game.

Why was he selected? It makes no sense at all.

Back