Aldi own v branded products

When people who can afford to shop at normal supermarkets, who probably even used to go to Waitrose or order from Ocado, begin to take their designer bags for life to Aldi/Lidl to stock up on bags of nuts and odd sounding yoghurts. They still secretly top up with fresh produce from other places but like to make out that they get everything they need from a Lidl. It's a bargain store, with shit products and service but a good PR machine. Produce is no different to a Heron foods store in reality.

What tosh.

Love the stuff from Aldi, however there's some stuff I need to to have 'proper' brands. Toothpaste being one.

& deodorant.
Baked Beans that you put in a chilli can be any brand but on a breakfast or with pie and chips then they have to be Heinz’s
Diet coke is canny. Had none left last week sp had to get diet coca cola and didnt like it compared to aldi stuff. They need to do more flavoured water etc. Their energy drinks are canny as well

Pepsi max rip off is canny and only about 30p.

Last edited:
My local as a lovely buxom bit of side boob going off on one of tills. I get in the queue even when the others have less waiting. Nowt comes near in the local Coop

Same as most people we manage to get 80-90% of what we need there about 30-40% cheaper than our big two supermarkets here. Obscure things for recipes we normally have to pop in to those two to grab on the way out.
I love the randomness of the catalogue specials as well.

Same as most people we manage to get 80-90% of what we need there about 30-40% cheaper than our big two supermarkets here. Obscure things for recipes we normally have to pop in to those two to grab on the way out.
I love the randomness of the catalogue specials as well.

Popped to Aldi last week for a 4 pinter of milk. I came back with a trumpet, a two man tent & a chainsaw.

When people who can afford to shop at normal supermarkets, who probably even used to go to Waitrose or order from Ocado, begin to take their designer bags for life to Aldi/Lidl to stock up on bags of nuts and odd sounding yoghurts. They still secretly top up with fresh produce from other places but like to make out that they get everything they need from a Lidl. It's a bargain store, with shit products and service but a good PR machine. Produce is no different to a Heron foods store in reality.

utter bollocks I’m afraid. Since the financial meltdown they’ve really really upped their game.

Their multi pack of Hula Hoops are bang on the money, 99p for 10. Their Shredders are canny as well. I go to Lidl for their batteries though. They last better than all the long life branded ones for half the price.

Their multi pack of Hula Hoops are bang on the money, 99p for 10. Their Shredders are canny as well. I go to Lidl for their batteries though. They last better than all the long life branded ones for half the price.
The Aldi hula hoops are the same product as original hula hoops. Like the other normal crisps they sell they are all made by KP. The Beef paste and all the other flavours are all made by Shippams and are half the price.

Back