Alcohol Free Beer

Lidl's Perlenbacher 0% is about on par with the Heineken.

They all taste a but weird and knock me sick after a couple tbh. Have one here or there when I'm off the drink, but most of the time once I'm through a bottle I wish I'd just stuck with pop

I got a 48 pack of brewdog AF cans (a mix of a lagers, IPA and beer) for around £35 including free delivery. Not bad, nowhere near the taste of a real beer but OK on an evening as a change to tea or whatever. Been wanting to cut down on alcohol and this has made it so much easier. Have a few cans and unlike with alcohol I don't go raiding the kitchen for snacks! Plus feel loads better next day. Helping to lose a bit weight too. I've tried AF red wine before and they are horribly sweet but read a few reviews online that there may be one or two that are decent now. Anyone found any they'd recommend?

I've tried AF red wine before and they are horribly sweet but read a few reviews online that there may be one or two that are decent now. Anyone found any they'd recommend?
I bought a couple of bottles before and it tasted like vinegary ribena, bloody awful stuff.

I can just about get my head around alcohol free beer as a concept but who on earth would spend £15 or more on a bottle of "alcohol free gin". That's a lot of money for flavoured water.

I’m just trying the odd one from Sainsbury’s at the moment. the brew dog stuff all tastes a bit watery but is not bad. As some have said, alcohol free beer has come a long way from the juice of left over hops that it used to be.

I recommend the old speckled hen. It’s the closest so far that I’ve had to the real thing.

For those who don’t yet know. Alcohol free beer is not 100% alcohol free. It’s 0.5% in all the ones I’ve tried so far.

Back