Alcohol Free Beer

I know that it's an oxymoron for many, including me, but does anyone have any recommendations?

I can recommend a couple that I've tried recently, which are Hoegaarden 0.0 (£4 for 4) and Beavertown Lazer Crush (£1.60 a pop). Sure, you can tell they're not the real deal but they make a change from drinking lemon squash.

Lager-wise the only decent one i've tried is Heineken. All others have been the absolute pits, Peroni being outstandingly bad to the point of it surely being deliberate.
Agree Heineken is spot on tbf

I quite like Franziskaner but that is a wheat beer so it depends if you like them or not.

I also enjoyed the San Miguel and Alhambra Sin last time I was out in Spain too - but I am not sure if they would work drinking them back here. There was nothing special about them in reality, just pleasant cold non-alcoholic drinks to have in the sunshine and about 25p/can if you got it from the supermarkets.

Alcohol free lager is definitely a lot nicer these days than it used to be.

Lager-wise the only decent one i've tried is Heineken. All others have been the absolute pits, Peroni being outstandingly bad to the point of it surely being deliberate.

I tried some of that the other week: it didn't really do it for me but I might give it another chance as it was pretty cheap. Thanks for the tip on avoiding Peroni.
BrewDog do a nice selection of non alcoholic beers.

https://www.brewdog.com/uk/beers/alcohol-free

£4 for 4 looks like it's worth a try... cheers.

Last edited:
I tried some of that the other week: it didn't really do it for me but I might give it another chance as it was pretty cheap. Thanks for the tip on avoiding Peroni.
Honesty mate. Alcoholic Peroni is my favourite lager but the alco-free stuff has to be tried to be believed. :lol:

Bloody expensive n'arl.

I quite like Franziskaner but that is a wheat beer so it depends if you like them or not.

I also enjoyed the San Miguel and Alhambra Sin last time I was out in Spain too - but I am not sure if they would work drinking them back here. There was nothing special about them in reality, just pleasant cold non-alcoholic drinks to have in the sunshine and about 25p/can if you got it from the supermarkets.

Alcohol free lager is definitely a lot nicer these days than it used to be.

I love wheat beer and that's only £1.25 for 500ml... will definitely try it.
Honesty mate. Alcoholic Peroni is my favourite lager but the alco-free stuff has to be tried to be believed. :lol:

Bloody expensive n'arl.

This stuff used to be very drinkable but it must be 30 years since I last tried it and, at 1%, it's not strictly alcohol free.

Logon or register to see this image

The linked file is a GIF on an Angelfire website which was probably created the last time I tried this stuff.

Last edited:
Heineken is the best I've found that tastes like a decent larger, the Budwiser one is alright but they are small cans. Becks is one of the worst

this the Heineken is the only lager one I can drink

Erdinger 0.5% is also decent

When I have to give up the gargle as I know I will I will be on the tonic water. My son received an erroneous delivery from Brew Dog which they said he could keep. He was well chuffed until he saw it was alcohol free.

Back