Alcohol free beer

This is the boy if you want alcohol free, tastes just like the regular one
Logon or register to see this image

Adnams Ghost Ship is pretty good as well, get it whenever I'm in 'Spoons.
Had Kalibur the other week and rats piss would be more palatable. :mad:

Last edited:

I don’t agree that you can’t tell the difference between an alcohol free beer, especially with pale ales, but they have improved a lot and there is plenty of choice now. We’ve found Big Drop to be the best, especially the stout.

Genuine question - any recommendations?

I haven't given up drinking alcohol but I could definitely do with cutting down and in the meantime it seems like a good medium, provided there's a decent sup.
Pistonhead Flat Tyre and Sainsbury’s Czech Pilsner are both good imo.

Dont get them at all, like who would really want to drink a beer with no alcohol? Might aswell have a water, makes no sense to me at all.
Why drink anything other than water ever?

Last edited:
What's the point?
Leave the car at home and drink like a man.
Meeting people 15 miles away ?

Went through a phase because of medication
Best ( and cheapest) by far was Bavaria. Nice bite to it when cold
Their wheat 0% Was nice too
Cobra Becks and carling 2 etc were fairly awful .Very round flat taste

Last edited:
I was at a family do last week and was driving, was offered a Peroni 0% (step-daughter is pupped up so she was given a few bottles). My first ever alcohol free beer, wasn't too bad to be honest.

Genuine question - any recommendations?

I haven't given up drinking alcohol but I could definitely do with cutting down and in the meantime it seems like a good medium, provided there's a decent sup.

When my wife pregnant she had whatever alcohol free beer the pub had which was usually becks blue. Out of all the ones she tried she said morretti was the best by a country mile. Only ever seen saw it in one place like and have never seen it since.

Becks Blue tastes the same tbh, usual choice, though have spotted a few wheat ones knocking about that I’ll give a go at some stage.

Nanny State is the best IMO.
Apparently Adnam's Ghost Ship 0% isn't bad either.
Nanny State is a very decent NA IPA. A little bitter, because it doesn't have the body to balance it, but its still great. Their Raspberry Fizz one is really good too.

Accidentally ordered Ghost Ship 0% in spoons a while ago. Took half a bottle to realise, so it must be ok! :lol:

Dont get them at all, like who would really want to drink a beer with no alcohol? Might aswell have a water, makes no sense to me at all.
Sometimes you want something to sit with on a night in front of the telly. But you don't want to drink real beer.
Or even with a meal.

Some of them are really nice and enjoyable & a good way to move away from pop.

Last edited:
Load of shite ... like licking your sister out... tastes the same but it's just not right!!!

If I'm driving I just drink pop to be honest. Personally don't drink beer/alcohol just for the taste, drink it to relax and get a bit merry when out with mates.. if I could get the same way from tea I'd drink that so the thought of alcohol free gear doesn't appeal at all. Each to their own tho.

Back